Chapter seven: Spending Time

*Same day as the trip to the Palace*

Key Lime Pie awoke that day, no longer feeling empty, a bubbly feeling now inside him, he got up, got changed, and skipped his way to the kitchen, Lime cookie was once again sitting on the couch in the living room, she noticed that his mood seemed different.

"Hey bro, feeling better?" Lime cookie asked him, "Nope, I feel downright awful," he replied and chuckled to himself, she raised an eyebrow, "But you look happy, something happen yesterday?"

"I was being sarcastic, but yes, in fact, I made a new friend yesterday," he told her, "Oh, who is your new friend?" Lime asked, "Her name is Croissant cookie."

"Oh, I've heard of her before, she's an inventor," said Lime cookie, "Yeah, she told me that yesterday, and you know what she gave me yesterday?" Key Lime looked at his sister, trying to add suspense, "What?" she said blankly, ignoring the attempt. Key Lime took out a piece of paper and gave it to her. "Oh my god! You got her fucking address and phone number, I see love in the making," she smirked, Key Lime blushed a little, "You really think so?"

"I know so," she smiled, Key Lime hugged her, "Thanks sis," she hugged back, "You're welcome," he stood up, "Well I'm off," he grabbed a jacket and headed for the door, "Where are you going?" Lime cookie asked, "To see Croissant cookie," he shouted and closed the door. Key Lime Pie continued walking, looking at the paper, making sure he wouldn't mess up, finally he stopped at a house, he looked at the paper again, "Yep, this should be the place," he told himself. He walked up to the door and knocked.

Then he has a male voice from behind the door, "Croissant, someone's at the door," the male voice called out, a female voice replied, "I'll get it," the door opened and there stood Croissant cookie, "Oh, hi Key Lime Pie! how have you been?"

"I've been good, how are you?" said Key Lime, "I'm doing good, come in!" Key Lime stepped in, the house was a little bare, but that was most likely because they just moved in yesterday in the evening, in fact, Key Lime saw some moving boxes in a corner of the house. "String Gummy, meet my new friend, Key Lime Pie cookie," she said to the man who was lounging around the house. The man sat there, with a serious look on his face.

"Does he always have that look on his face?" whispered Key Lime, "Pretty much, but he's really nice, I think you guys would be good friends," Croissant replied, "Hey, where's Timekeeper?"

At that exact moment, Timekeeper appeared behind Key Lime, catching him by surprise "HOLY SHIT!" they chuckled, "Ah, finally, someone who I can catch off guard," the other two looked up at her, "Come on, Timekeeper, don't startle him," she said, but was fighting against a fit of giggles, "Please tell me I'll get used to that."

"Yeah, one day you will," Croissant told him, "Hey, Timekeeper, can we show him?" She asked, "Show me what," he said but was ignored, Timekeeper stayed there in thought, "Why not," she finally said, "Alright, come on, Key Lime," she grabbed his hand and led him to a room in the house, Key Lime blushed on contact, he silently wished that she wasn't wearing gloves, they stood in the room, Key looked around

"Uh, what are you gonna show me?" He asked, "This!" She replied, instantly something that looked like a portal opened in the middle of the room, "Woah!"

"By the way, yes it's safe, come on," she smiled and entered the rift, pulling Key Lime inside, they entered the rift and Key Lime found himself in a steampunk-themed workspace, a big machine in the middle of the room, "Woah," he said breathlessly looking around the place, "Welcome to the TBD! Well at least, my workspace in the TBD but still," he kept looking around, "How exactly did we get here?" He asked, "Oh, we entered through a rift that Timekeeper made, those rifts can be portals that you can enter to get around places."