Chapter 1

Kang Nari

"The Korean corporation, Shinhwa Group has been selected to be the largest corporate sponsor in the 2011 London Olympics." The voice of the radio presenter reached Nari's ears as she looked out the window of her car from the backseat. The sound of the car's radio soon drowning itself out as her mind zoned out. 

She let out a tired sigh as she watched the scenery go by, dreading the moment she would arrive at her destination. Her small hands clutched the small bouquet of lilies on her lap. The flowers were given to her by her family's most trusted servant, butler Kim, who had been with the family for almost twenty years. He had given her these flowers, insisting her namesake flowers for a good luck on her journey at her new school.

New school.

How many times has she received these flowers now? She didn't know. She lost the count after 7th school. The idea still terrified Nari. She was the type to stay within her own bubble. She liked being alone, despite how lonely it felt at times. 

She looked down at the flowers on her lap, gingerly touching the petals before looking out the window once again, only to notice the car had stopped at the red signal.

"We are almost there, Ms. Nari." Butler's Kim's voice pulled Nari out of her thoughts as she looked at him through the rear mirror. She only nodded in response, letting the voice of the car's radio once again envelope them into silence.

"...and therefore, even in the global recession, South Korea's economic growth has started with Shinhwa at the frontline..." The voice drowned out again as Nari's attention was pulled from the radio to the loud sound of what seemed like a chopper. She craned her neck towards the sky to find it was, indeed, a chopper flying towards Shinhwa School. 

"...Its name is Shinhwa." The radio once again pulled Nari's attention from the sky. 

Nari could only shake her head as the car started once again. This school year was going to be anything but quiet. 

Nari felt dread building in her stomach as the car got closer and closer to her school. The board of Shinhwa School came to her line of sight, making her palms and feet sweat excessively. 

It is said that if you are a citizen of South Korea, you know the two letters of Shinhwa before you know that president's name. The longer Nari stared at the board, the more intimidating those two letters felt. 

The car pulled up right by the entrance of the school. Nari hadn't noticed when Butler Kim had gotten out of the car and pulled the passenger door open for her. He offered his hand, waiting for her to get out. Taking a deep breath and clutching the lilies in one hand, she placed her warm hand in his as he guided her out the door.