Safe And Sound

Draco awoke the next morning to the sounds of the monitors in his hospital room turning his head to Harry who was asleep on a chair beside him, holding his hand "Harry?" He whispered, putting his hand back on the bed as Molly walked in "Good morning." "Morning Molly." "How are you feeling?" "Sore." "I can tell." She opened the drawer getting out a small vile of paracetamol, inserting it into his arm as he suddenly became sleepy, lying his head on his pillows, falling asleep within seconds. Harry's eyes opened a few minutes later, looking at Draco who was fast asleep, he stood up, stroking his cheek gently "I'm here baby." He said softly, running his fingers through his hair.

Harry stayed by his side until his eyes snapped open to look at him "Go back to sleep sweetheart." He whispered as the blonde fell back to sleep. Harry bent down, pressing a kiss to his forehead, walking out of the room where Narcissa and Lucius were asleep in chairs, he shook them both awake as they both awoke, looking at Harry "How is he?" "In pain." Lucius walked in the room as Narcissa stayed sitting down "Do you want me to drive you home?" "If you don't mind." "Of course, come on." She led him out and to the car. The two got in the car as Narcissa drove off back home.

10 minutes later, Harry unlocked the front door, walking upstairs to the bedroom he shared with Draco "Harry, dear?" "Yeah?" "Will you be alright on your own?" "I should be." He called back, crawling under the duvet, resting his head against pillows and fell asleep. Narcissa walked in, pulling the duvet over him as he slept and started to stroke his hair until she considered that he was fast asleep before leaving for the hospital. The brunette shuffled around, trying to get comfortable but looked over at the message board which had the words 'Hi daddy' written on it as tears splashed onto his fingers, wiping them with his sleeves, getting changed into a new set of clothes, walking downstairs, grabbing his coat and shoes, tying his boots up, opening the door, closing it behind him, walking to the shopping centre to buy him a bouquet of pastel and red roses and then made it to the hospital and to the ward Draco was in.

30 minutes later, Harry got to the hospital and to the ward "Who are you looking for sir?" "Draco Malfoy." "Are you family?" "Yes, his fiancé." "He's in room 20, if you go upstairs and it's the last private room down the hall." The receptionist explained where to go. Harry followed her instructions, walking upstairs, knocking on the door "Come in." He heard Draco's gentle voice as he opened the door with the bouquet behind his back "Hey." "Hey handsome." "How are you feeling?" "A bit better, what's behind your back?" He asked, pushing himself up against the pillows. Harry handed him the roses "These look beautiful." "Not as beautiful as you though." He cooed, booping his nose which made him giggle with happiness "I've not seen that in a while." He smiled, leaning forward and kissed his lips then his cute little button nose "Come and lay with me." He smiled back, shuffling to the side a bit. Harry removed his shoes, climbing into bed with him, pulling him into his arms. Draco snuggled into his chest "Where's your blanket sweetheart?" "On the floor." He leaned down to pick it up, pulling it over him, pushing his soft curls up and placed a soft kiss to his forehead.

Draco curled more into his side "Don't leave me." "I'm not sweetheart, I promise. Go back to sleep pumpkin." He nodded and drifted back off to sleep. Harry pulled the duvet over him  embraced Draco tighter to his chest. Draco sighed contently and laid his head underneath Harry's chin, intertwining their legs. The brunette held him tighter, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

A few days later, the blonde was discharged from hospital and Narcissa was driving him home as he tapped his fingers on his thighs while listening to music "You seem happier." "I am, when I was having surgery I kept having dreams on if it would work, but it did." He placed both hands on his now flat stomach as she pulled up in their house driveway, the younger Malfoy got out "Is Harry in?" "Last time I saw him he was reading." He nodded, opening the front door, removing his jacket and shoes, walking upstairs to find his fiancé reading a book called Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall, he crawled up to him, marking the page with the bookmark, setting it down on the bed and climbed into his lap. Harry wrapped both arms around him "Do you want your pyjamas?" "Yes please and then can we cuddle?" "Of course, let me go to the toilet and then we can cuddle." He nodded as Harry lifted him off of his lap, going into the drawer, getting a pair of Stitch Pyjamas out of his drawer "You get dressed and I'll be back in a few minutes."