Chapter 18

"Got it all? The basket? The food? The blanket? Your charming smile? Hm, it seems you may get cold, you sure that's the best clothes? I'll admit that tie looks adorable, but lemme just-" Haze had been fluttering around Cassey for the past five minutes, checking everything was on place and that he looked perfect for the date she had tonight.

"Haze. Please stop, I'm sure I got it all," Cas chuckled, watching their friend go up and down the house, "Why do you get so... you when I got a date?"

"Because I'm rooting for you and the cute gal!" Haze exclaimed, rushing to zirs room, "You two are completely adorable and it seems today's gonna be a special night. You'll get to unlock her backstory! That's always an important event."

"How is it that you, an aro, are 10x more into all the romantic things of my relationships than me," The werewolf joked, peeking over the door.

"Even if I'm a lost cause, you are my little disaster gay. I get to care for you," Haze ran out of the room with something on zirs hands that ze put on Cassey, "here, perfect. You look adorable."

Cas looked at themselves on the mirror. She had the hair pushed on the side, held up with a hairpin so it wouldn't fall. What Haze had given him was a leather jacket with hoodie sleeves, that surprisingly matched with the tie she wore as a scarf, the white blouse, the necklace with the three colored crystals and the skinny black jeans.

"Why did you have this jackets on your room?" Cassey asked, turning to Haze, "You don't even fit in this. It's too big on you, not in the good sense."

"Darling, everything fits me, it's physically impossible for a clothing item to look bad on me," Haze smirked, "Besides, I'll be surprised if you still got clothes in your closet, especially since I do most of the laundry and leave the basket in my room for a few days before putting it on its place."

"Ahhh, so there's where all my things go!" A small laugh escaped Cas's mouth, "Good to know, good to know."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now- sure you got it all? Got everything? Not forgetting anything?"

"Pretty sure Haze. Am I allowed to leave already?"

"Hmm, not sure, not sure..."

"I'm leaving," Cassey grabbed the basket and walked off to the door.

"Have fun! Oh, wait," Haze got the flowers that ze had prepared by the side and gave them to Cas, "You almost forgot these!"

"You're right lol."

"Remember: the name is carnations. That's important, alright? White carnations."

"White carnations.... Already forgot. Can you write it somewhere for me?"

"Nope. If you can memorize all the lyrics of all the mother mother songs, you can remember the name of this one flower. Now, go!" Haze pushed Cassey out the door, "I wouldn't like you to be late! Enjoy!"

"Bye!" Cas waved, as Haze closed the door, and they went towards the elevator.

...

Mei kept walking up and down her house, waiting for the right moment. Through the little centimeter of open window she had, the vampire could see that the sun was still on the sky. Starting to set, almost there, but the orange light still entered her living room. She hoped that Cassey wouldn't get there too soon so that she wouldn't have to come up with some shitty excuse on why she couldn't go outside yet before telling them she was a vampire, but at the same time, Mei hoped for her partner to get here already so the waiting was over.

It felt weird, using the word partner. Finally at that step of a relationship, they were actually dating, actually a couple... it was surreal. Mei never would've imagined things to go so nicely. It felt like a lifetime ago that Tuesday night so, so long ago when they've first met. Back then, she would've never dreamt of seeing Cassey again, such a coincidence would've been too perfect. But here she was, almost a month later, dating that same person.