The King

He turns and watches you both as you carefully overthink each step. He doesn't say anything but he evilly smiles at you. And as you stop and stand straight, he starts to speak.

"Lightners, you're facing me? How bold of you."

He laughs and stares at you.

" Even a pathetic Lightner like you would know nobody lasts long in the throne room. "

Alex starts to speak.

"You want to kill us, right?"

He starts to speak again, but Alex cuts him off.
" Long ago-"

" Yeah yeah, we know the story. Well, uh, this is a different dimension and we mean no harm, okay?"

Alex rolled her eyes at her own words. It was obvious she wanted to fight this guy.
You decided to take over.

"You can't keep killing people like this on impulse! These are the actions of no king! You're acting like a murderer! Killing innocent people!"

You're shocked. You didn't know what the king would do, but you knew it wasn't going to be good.

" Well then, let's get you out of the way first! "

He yelled and then jumped towards you, grabbing his spade chain.

He swung at you once and you quickly dodged.

" Let's see if you can dodge this! "

He swung the chain around, laughing maniacally as you twisted and turned.

But his laughing was stopped with a sound coming from the elevator door.

" Sir, we've apprehended the jester!"
Four snake-like rangers were carrying a cage and dropped it beside the king. And inside that cold, metal cage, was Jevil. The rangers quickly disappeared.

"UEE HEE HEE! THE KING, THE KING! WON'T YOU LET ME OUTSIDE THIS CAGE?"
Jevil laughed as he grabbed the bars of the cage.

"I don't even know why I let you live!" The King yelled at him.

"BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH, THE TRUTH!"
He smiled.

"Nonsense." The King already seemed tired of him.

The King slowly approached the cage, and then unlocked the door, but held it so Jevil couldn't escape.

"HEE HEE! YOU FOOL, FOOL! WON'T YOU PLAY A GAME WITH ME?" He yelled.

The King held the door of the cage tight and shook the cage around a little.

There was a moment of silence.

"Let's see what you have, you stupid jester." He said before he opened the cage.

" UEE HEE HEE!"

Jevil did cartwheels around the room and shouted nonsense rhymes while summoning little spades around the room while the king hit and deflected them with his spade chain.

" Enough of this, you annoying devil!"

The King, annoyed, threw his chain directly at Jevil, supposedly to deliver the final blow, but Jevil dodged, and instead, it ripped some of his cape, tearing a hole in the side. He sprinted towards the king.

The King grabbed Jevil by the arm and put him back in the cage.

"I don't even know why I let you out."

Jevil seemed to stare into the king's eyes, and you knew the answer.

He was hypnotizing the king.

Jevil summoned the devil's knife and slashed right through the metal bars of the cage, and ran towards the king.

The King threw the spade chain at Jevil, causing him to fly back and fall on the floor. He was still laughing, like he felt no pain.

You took out your dagger, not wanting to just sit around and watch Jevil slowly get beaten to death.

You ran up to the king with your dagger, but you stopped midway. You weren't a murderer.

Instead, you grabbed Jevil by the hand and helped him stand up. It was nice to finally see him again, but not in the midst of battle.

"You like each other so much? How about I kill you both now?!" The King circled you both with hearts, and you were closely trapped together.

"Jevil, what do we do?!" You whisper yelled to him.

But before he could respond, Alex stabbed King in the chest, and the hearts faded to dust.

"Alex, what the fuck did you just do?!"

"Would you rather I left you both to die?"

It was true Alex was just trying to save you, but now what would happen? How would you get home? All these questions and no answer. And you were horrified at what you had done.

You both were there.

And the king was dead.