Chapter 1

"Aah!" Semira screams in agony. She's in excruciating pain right now.

"You deserve that, you ungrateful rat! You flirted so young and got your stomach a big pumpkin, now taste the feeling of being a slut! You, good for nothing! I should be at the salon perming my hair if not only because of you!" her stepmom beside her showers her with mockery.

"Please, help! Aah!" she wails, restless on the stretcher.

She grips her stepmom's hand. She's disoriented in the pain that she's feeling all over her body.

"Off your filthy hand, you imbecile! I just got my nails done!" barks her stepmom snatching her hand away.

She's in tormenting pain yet her stepmother never cares. She even cares more about her manicure than her feelings and health. The paramedics rush her inside the emergency room leaving her stepmother outside.

Her father arrives moments later. He's enraged at his wife.

"This is not going to happen if you only take extra care of my daughter! You will be in trouble if something happens to her!" her father shrieks in a threatening voice.

"Oh, Lincoln, honey, calm down. You know that I care so much for your daughter and I love her. I even rushed her here to the hospital even if I have loads of work to do. I was beside her when she was in so much pain," mewls her stepmom.

Her father lets out a deep sigh worried about her.

A vexed nurse rushes out of the ER.

"What's happening? How is she?" inquires her petrified father.

"The baby is safe but the mother is still in critical condition. She lost so much blood while in labor," states the nurse.

"I don't care about the baby. All I care about is my daughter," her father panics.

"Yes, sir," replies the nurse calmly and tries to pass through Semira's father.

"Please save my daughter. Do everything you can to save her," begs her father who's blocking the nurse.

"Please, sir, I need to get the blood for your daughter right now. So, do not get in my way. Please!" snaps the nurse.

Her father gets a hold of himself and moves out of the way in silence. He nods calmly at the nurse.

"Thank you," says the irate nurse and rushes out.

The nurse heads straight to the blood bank but finds no blood for Semira. The hospital also has no blood donors for her.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Miller but the hospital runs out of blood for your daughter and we do not have donors, either. This is hard for the hospital to find one at this moment," the doctor explains.

"I will donate my own blood for Semira. She's my daughter, doc," her father volunteers.

"Okay. That's good! We do not have to wait for a donor to come. We need your blood to be tested first before the transfusion," the doctor exhorts.

Her father nods at the doctor.

"Nurse, please accompany Mr. Miller to the Phlebotomy," commands the doctor.

"Yes, doc. Follow me, Mr. Miller," obeys the nurse.

Her father follows the nurse leaving her stepmother in the corridor of the emergency room. They reached the far end of the hospital. It is somewhat the remote area of the hospital. There are fewer people that are coming.

"Come in, sir," invites the nurse.

"Hi!" He greets the tending nurses.

"Please sit down, sir. I am going to get some of your blood for the testing," the nurse orients her father.