Chapter 4

"I want you to dress my girl elegantly. I don't want the low class side of her to come out," Meredith strictly instructs the boutique clerk who is going to assist Semira to fit the dresses.

Semira is enjoying fitting the new dresses while her mom tells her opinion about the clothes and chooses what to buy.

"Skin tone doesn't suit you. You look like a bland tea with less aroma and color. I like that red dress and red shoes with that red coat. You look stunningly sweet and young. You stand out in that," her mother chooses while the clerk separates the clothes to buy from the one that needs to be fit.

"I like those pink and yellow dresses. She looks perfectly elegant in those. Get those bags, scarfs and hats along," her mother continues.

Semira notices a plain lavender sling bag. She is thinking that her best friend will surely be overwhelmed with the authentic and expensive bag. She will surely praise her for this. She smiles at the thought.

"Mom, can I have this one?" she asks her mother.

Meredith looks at the small bag in her daughter's hands.

"But that bag doesn't suit anything that we are buying. A sling bag doesn't suit your dresses unless you get one. That is perfect for a picnic," her mother replies.

"I am actually giving this to my friend at school. She will surely love this," she responds.

Her mother nods.

"Okay. Get it there," her mother prompts her and she hands the bag to the clerk.

"Please separate this bag from those," she asks.

"Yes, Ma'am," the clerk follows and wraps the sling bag in a separate paper bag.

Semira continues fitting the dresses and her mother decides what to choose. After a couple of hours, they get out of the boutique full-handed. The bodyguards carry the paper bags while she has her bestfriend's bag and her mother has her own clutch bag.

"Antonio, call Jessica right now and tell her when she gets back to prepare some modeling activities for my daughter. Make sure that it is to elite companies. I don't want low class designs to bother the fresh beauty of my daughter," Meredith instructs one of the bodyguards.

Semira notices that her mother talks exactly like how her father tells her not to be. She has been listening to her mother's "I don't want low class" phrases. Looking at the beautiful young-looking mother in her late thirties entirely explains it all. She walks elegantly. Her sense of fashion is limited to Fashion Week designers of Europe. The exotic design of her red dress that annoys Sofia earlier at her father's house fits perfectly to her. Her thinking is fierce just like the Fiasco Mondraego Sr. of the Mondraego Corporation.

"You can search your mother but I hope you do not have a mind like your ugly stepmother," her mother says while walking in front of her.

"No. I do not look at you that way. I am actually thinking that you are perfect in your dress and my rugged look doesn't suit you right now. I also think that you and grandpa have the same thinking especially when you talk," she explains from behind.

"Oh darling, you can still be rugged but only with Michael Kors, Chanel, Armani and the fashion week designers. You do not have to change your style, just change your designers and you'll be fine," her mother says.

It totally blows her mind. Her mother is right. She can still wear her own style but like her mother she needs to limit her shopping spree only to the high class fashion designers.

"You are right, mother," she responds.

They arrive at the car and the driver drives them home to her mother's penthouse. It is on the top floor of the high-rise building. The walls are all glass. She can see the whole city from inside of the living room. The terrace is wide and it has a jacuzzi.