Chapter 6

Her father just arrived from work and he brought her Ravioli. He has been working for sixteen years now as a manager in the rival company of his father. His boss loves his dedication which is why he was promoted from trainee to regular employee to assistant supervisor to supervisor to assistant manager to being a manager. Everything that he has been working for has paid off. He is the most dedicated person she has ever known. That was the time when Sofia was out of the picture.

"Hello, little lady! Your father is home. Aren't you gonna give your dad a kiss?" Her father always calls her for Ravioli and hugs and kisses her when he gets home.

She hugs him tight and he does the same to her. He gives her a kiss on her forehead and arranged the food on the table while she sits in front of the island and wait for him to finish.

"Dig in, princess. You will be helping your father with the dishes," her father serves pasta on her plate.

She starts to eat while her father watches her.

"Hmm! I love it! Thanks, dad!" She exclaims.

Her father laughs.

"Hahaha! That's my girl. How's school today?" he queries while joining her to eat.

"Our professor discussed the lesson with us and nothing different," she tells him everyday what she did at school and that is their everyday bond.

"You didn't do anything wrong? You didn't fight with anyone?" He asks as she always gets into fights with bullies at school and the dean once called him to talk about her detention.

He scolds her in front of the dean and the bullies but when they got home, he gives her a tight hug telling her that he believes her and that he was happy that he could defend herself even without his help. She was suspended for a day for doing karate with the bullies but to her surprise, those bullies did one week community service and even wrote a promissory letter promising that they will not be bothering her and other girls at school anymore.

"Dad, you know that I am not bullying anyone. All I am doing is defend myself and my friends," she explains in the middle of her food.

"I know. I just don't want my girl to be in trouble again and I don't want you to hide anything from me, okay?" He wanted to be sure about her while eating.

"Dad, I'm not hiding anything from you," she complains.

"Okay," he agrees.

After their dinner together, they cleaned and washed up before they watched MasterChef Canada together.

"You know, Aurora cooks Ravioli better than them. She is an authentic Italian chef and I love every dish she is preparing," her father says while watching.

"Really? Who is Aurora? Why do you always remember her whenever we are watching MasterChef?" she asks, looking at the TV.

"She is the most memorable chef in my life. She served me that Ravioli pasta once and it was a great experience," he answers.

"Then why didn't you marry her? Why did you marry mom instead?" she replies.

"It was the time when I prepared a wedding proposal to your mom that she served me that Italian Ravioli," he says.

Her eyes literally grew wide at what he said.

"Really!?" she exclaims in excitement and listens carefully.

"Yes, and your mom loved her Ravioli. She asked for more than three servings before she said yes to me. Do you know how she said yes to me?" he asks.

"Yeah?" she asks back.