Chapter 9

"Hi, guys! This is my cousin Chloe and tomorrow she will be Mrs. Redd-Chloe Evans," Aleta introduced her to everyone in the dark room lit with the neon lights.

"Hi! I'm Hunter, Aleta's boyfriend," Hunter stood up from the couch and gave her a handshake.

Semira reached for her cousin's boyfriend's hand and gave him a timid smile.

"Hi! I'm Chloe Mondraego. Nice to meet you," she looked at the handsome bearded but neat-looking guy in front of her.

She looked at the rugged and rough Redd Evans, her soon-to-be husband, on the couch and it had no expression at all. He bluntly said at the dinner of the arrangement of their engagement that he is not interested and they can do whatever they want, referring to his family. Everyone at the dinner was gossiping about him and his past relationship and now she's here trying to be more provocative as her cousins forced her into. She's confident she looks decent and nice like her cousins with her dress even if it is a little revealing.

"I'm Gray and I am Aria's boyfriend and that one is Blake, your cousin Samira's boyfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you," Gray is a nerdy guy obviously with a high IQ, he pointed to the nice-looking guy at the end of the couch.

"Pleasure to meet you, too," she reached Gray's hand for a handshake.

"Yeah! It's a pleasure to have these beautiful girls around here but you, you should not be in here. Why are you wearing something like that? Even if you try hard to look like a grown woman, you are still that high school kid at the engagement dinner last time. Kids are not allowed in here. Go home, kid, or else your mom will all sue us for letting a high school girl in here," the drunk Redd's words are all uttered distorted because of drunkenness.

"Redd, stop it," Gray stopped Redd's rudeness towards her.

"Are you okay?" worries Samira.

Everyone looks at her worried if she's fine.

Semira doesn't know how to react at this moment. All she knows back at school is to give someone like him a kickbox. She just can not do something like that if it is going to ruin the engagement. All she is doing is to marry this guy so that her dad would leave Sofia and they live with his legal wife, her mom. Since she was just a kid, all she wants is to live with her father and mother and now she has the key to make it happen. She swears that she will endure all this Redd guy's rudeness and sarcasm or maybe at least give him one shot to his handsome face. She grins at the thought. Everyone is surprised at her. She collects herself when she noticed everyone stares at her.

"Ahem...Uhm...I'm okay. Isn't he cute for a drunk person? His face is all red and his name is Redd too...Ahah..awkward," she murmurs the last word and gives an awkward look at everyone.

"Haha! Do you like me? I.... don't like you though," Redd said.

Semira holds her grip.

"Not really. I actually wanted to give your handsome face a real good shot," she admits.

"Yeah! Shot, guys!" Redd yells not knowing Semira is talking about giving his handsome face a kickbox.

"Come on, girls. Have a sit," Gray calls them.

They all gather up around the table. They are in the VIP room. Semira thinks about how much money they pay to rent this room. They are at the high-rise hotel club and obviously this is as expensive as she's thinking. She feels like a rat right now. Aleta noticed her uneasiness.

"Are you okay? Don't worry about Redd. He's a total psycho after Anne Mullington left him for another guy," Aleta comforts her which Aria heared.

"Yeah, don't mind his ugly rude face. After all, he was really a charming prince but not until his beautiful princess left him for her first love. Now he was all wasted," Aria added to what Aleta is saying.