Chapter 2

"Hi! Do you need help?" A car stops at the shed.

A decent-looking man stepped out of the car with an umbrella in his hands.

"It is an hour past midnight and the rain is pouring. Anything I can do to help?" the man asks while Semira feels the rage of a new mother wild feline trying to protect her cub one wrong move from the stranger will she bite.

"I'm Dr. Evans and I am a resident doctor of Mondraego Medical Hospital. Look, here is my ID. I am not a bad person. I just wanted to help," the doctor carefully persuades the hesitant Semira by revealing his identity as he feels like the woman is giving her that look of a wild tiger protecting her cub from him and even imagined her hissed at him.

Staring at the ID, Semira can assure that the man is telling the truth and she hushed herself from her motherly instinct. She is worried about her baby and she's sure they need a place to stay which is a perfect offer from this good-looking doctor. He looks decent and well-mannered but she still feels reluctant.

"Come on, Semira. You don't want to trust your mother but you are trying to trust this stranger?" her conscience condemns her.

"Look, I have a big house and a lot of empty rooms. You can stay at my house as long as you don't have anywhere to go yet. You can leave if you already found a decent place to stay. Think about your baby. She's a newborn and the cold might harm her," the doctor tried hard to convince her.

She gets swayed by the fact that her baby needs the doctor's offer and thinks a little bit.

"Thank you but isn't it too much?" She doesn't want to be a burden to anyone but her baby needs it.

The strong wind blows, swaying the rain to Semira and her baby's direction making them wet, while the man's umbrella is swept. He fixes the canopy when it flies on top of the umbrella.

"No. It's okay. I am the only one living in that mansion with my maids and driver but it's okay. Do you see? You and your baby might get wet in here. This is not a safe place for you both," the doctor slowly reaches for her forcing her to agree.

Semira sighs, thankful that this man is persistent with her. The man guides her into the car and gets her things after.

The doctor drives them to his own mansion.

"Get her things. Bring hot milk and food in the room," reprimands the doctor to the maids.

Semira feels like the huge house swallowed her. The house is so big and the modern design is captivating. She gulped her "wow" and looked around. The doctor brought her and her baby to one of the rooms on the third floor of the house.

"Lights on, Siri," the doctor says.

"Lights on," a computer voice of a woman responds and the lights turn on.

"Heater on, Siri," the doctor again says.

"Heater on," repeats again of the electric voice of a woman and the heater automatically turns on.

"Come in," the doctor guides her inside the room.

She followed in silence and just observed the new environment. She still feels uncomfortable but she needs to do this for her baby.

She lays her baby at the center of the king-sized bed. The doctor gives her new clothes to change on seeing how she's wet in the stormy rain.

"I will look for your baby for a while and don't worry I will not touch her without your permission," the doctor raised his two hands to assure her that he will not do anything to harm her baby.

She stares at the doctor in silence and gets the clothes. She enters the bathroom and changes as quickly as she can. The food is served when she comes out. Her bag is on the corner. She notices new baby clothes on the bed.