eleven

PREVIOUSLY ON FAVORITE DAYDREAM
(bc it's been awhile)

"screw you! i never want to see you again!"

"good because all you did when you came into my life was ruin it!" he yelled, both their eyes widening in disbelief.

rory never understood the gravity of words until this very moment. she knew words hurt, she's been through that before. but to hear those words coming from someone that was as important to her as nolan was? it absolutely crushed her.

a sinking feeling began to course through her as she wrapped her arms around herself, her eyes beginning to water. she opened her mouth to say something but her throat got stuck. she stood there dumbfounded, nolan did the same, the anger that clouded in his eyes were quickly washed away with guilt.

"rory i — i didn't —"

"save it" she spat, scowling at the brunet. he tried to step towards her but she took a step back, looking at him like he was the most disgusting man in the world

"you were the one that ruined my life. that's what you do to everyone around you! it's what you did me and carter! it's what you did to lia! you're reckless and you destroy everything around you!"

"we didn't want you here you know? no one did. if you weren't such a rowdy, disappointing fuck up then your mother wouldn't have sent you here. no one asked you to come here and ruin everyone's lives but you did."

"and you don't get to have an opinion on my love life. you're bad news, you're no good for anyone. you think you can be someone's 'the one'? please, you're not fooling anyone. you're nothing but a screwed up bastard that comes into people's lives and destroys them"

"i wish i never met you nolan taylor. i hate you so much"

"i hate you too. get the fuck out of my sight"

"gladly"

"well suit yourself. just let me know what you wanna do. it's your last few weeks here, gotta live it up" link said nonchalantly, taking a sip of drink.

a loud clanging noise was heard from where lia sat, which caused nolan and link to turn to her, only to see the blonde had dropped her utensils after her father's revelation. her eyes were wide and filled with confusion as she whipped her head towards her older brother who had shrunk in his seat.

"what do you mean last few weeks here?", her voice broke when she asked the question, all the more making it harder for nolan to reply.

"your brother didn't tell you? he's going home"

"but he is home..."

"home to your mother."

"for spring break right? then he'll come back?"

"i'm sorry — i thought she knew..." link drawled, flashing his son an apologetic expression as he scratched at the side of his head.

"it's alright. i was gonna tell her, i just kept forgetting to" nolan mumbled, folding his arms across his chest as a sharp exhale escaped from his lips.

"what? knew what?"

"i'm going home. to mom. and i'm not coming back"

"don't let him know that i told you this, but boy was he really enchanted to meet you. i'm pretty sure that he was hoping that you weren't in love with someone else but you were, didn't stop him from loving you though. he just held his tongue because you had someone that clearly made you happy"