chapter forty eight.

Iris Grace

Harry and I stayed up way too late last night.

He gave me a T-shirt of his to wear considering I had no clothes and I think we were both so tired that we started to laugh at everything. He thought I looked hilarious in his T-shirt and then decided he'd be so kind and gift it to me so I can paint in it.

We spoke for ages about his books, well, he spoke for ages about his books. I actually really enjoyed listening to him, he's so passionate about what he does for a living I think it's so sweet. He said he'd write a book one day too, and I really hope he does because that would be so incredible.

We went to bed and couldn't sleep because it was too warm, despite the fact that just a few hours ago it was as if the heavens had opened to let the rain fall. We just stayed up talking shit, from politics to our favourite breeds of dog, I think we spoke about absolutely everything.

Harry spoke a lot about his family, mainly Harper. They've got such an amazing relationship it melts my heart. Apparently it was him who she took her first steps with and everything, all the significant moments like that were with Harry.

He practically raised her. His dad didn't really get involved much with all that, and apparently he used to have Louise helping him a lot with work so Harry had to look after her. Then apparently Louise threatened to walk out and his dad let her step down a little from it all, hence the reason she spends more time with her mum than her dad.

It's really sad, but at least she has Harry and her mum who care about her. She'll grow up and be so thankful that she had an older brother like Harry. I'd have killed to have that kind of relationship with mine.

I think I fell asleep first, the last I remember we were sitting on top of his duvet and when I woke up, I was under the covers. I woke up facing away from him, his arm was loosely hung over my side and his other one was in that gap between my shoulder and my head, so that when he woke up he didn't get a dead arm.

"Iris?" His hoarse voice spoke, catching me off guard as I thought he was asleep.

Rolling over, I turned to face him and his hair was all falling over his face, half submerged in his white pillow. He split a grin when my eyes met his and it made my heart flutter. I don't know how it's possible to look like that in the mornings.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked, his voice raspy.

"Not long." I whispered back.

Harry just smiled, it looks as if he's just woken up and that's not a sight I'm mad about. He shut his eyes for a few seconds again, let out a yawn and rolled over onto his back, asking his arms with him and lying with his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling.

"I had a dream, and it got me thinking," Harry explained.

"About what?" I asked him.

"You have to promise not to judge me," He told me, tilting his head to the side to look at me. "Because you're gonna think I'm crazy...like, insane."

"I won't judge." I smiled.

With a sigh, Harry looked back at the ceiling. "I had a dream we ran away, and it got me thinking..." He paused, swallowing and then clearing his throat. "What if we did?"

I sat up, unable to tell whether he was being serious or not. Part of me hoped he and yet the other part of me was kind of scared. I don't think four words have ever made my heart drop like that.

"I know it's crazy, but..." Again, he paused, this time placing a hand over mine as I looked at him confused. "We both want to leave here anyway and I don't know,maybe if we left together it might...maybe make it less daunting? I don't know, I told you it was insane."