Chapter 9

Austin's POV

It has been three weeks since Ally was in the crash. Three long weeks. Dez and Carrie had come back early from their honeymoon when they heard about Ally. Trish felt guilty about it, I assured her it wasn't her fault; she wasn't doing anything wrong. There was plenty of time on my hands, so while I sat by Ally and waited for her to wake up, I decided to finish our song, for her. I was thinking I would play it for her when she woke up. I had finished a couple of days ago and was still waiting. It was around 8:00, so it was time for me to read to Ally before I went to sleep. I had temporarily moved in with Ally while she was here. I slept on the let-out chair that was by her bed; it wasn't that comfortable, but I would do anything to stay with her. I picked up my Bible off the table and sat down beside Ally on the hospital bed. I flipped open to Ally's favorite book, Esther. I began to read as I wrapped my hand around Ally's, "On the seventh day, when King Xerxes was in high spirits from wine, he commanded the seven eunuchs who served him—Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar and Karkas—to bring before him Queen Vashti, wearing her royal crown, in order to display her beauty to the people and nobles, for she was lovely to look when the attendants delivered the king's command, Queen Vashti refused to come. Then the king became furious and burned with it was customary for the king to consult experts in matters of law and justice, he spoke with the wise men who understood the times and were closest to the king—Karshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena and Memukan, the seven nobles of Persia and Media who had special access to the king and were highest in the kingdom. "According to law, what must be done to Queen Vashti?" he asked. "She has not obeyed the command of King Xerxes that the eunuchs have taken to her."Then Memukan replied in the presence of the king and the nobles, "Queen Vashti has done wrong, not only against the king but also against all the nobles and the peoples of all the provinces of King Xerxes. For the queen's conduct will become known to all the women, and so they will despise their husbands and say, 'King Xerxes commanded Queen Vashti to be brought before him, but she would not come.' This very day the Persian and Median women of the nobility who have heard about the queen's conduct will respond to all the king's nobles in the same way. There will be no end of disrespect and discord."Therefore, if it pleases the king, let him issue a royal decree and let it be written in the laws of Persia and Media, which cannot be repealed, that Vashti is never again to enter the presence of King Xerxes. Also let the king give her royal position to someone else who is better than she. Then when the king's edict is proclaimed throughout all his vast realm, all the women will respect their husbands, from the least to the greatest."The king and his nobles were pleased with this advice, so the king-" Ally's hand. She just moved. I looked down at Ally's hand, her fingers were slowly wrapping around mine. I closed my Bible and set it at the foot of her bed. I stood up and looked down at Ally. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked at me, "Austin?" I leaned down and kissed her forehead. Thank you God. "Don't talk sweetie, let me go get a nurse." I didn't want to leave her, but I had to get the doctor. I dashed down the hallway thankful that I had my Ally back.

Ally's POV

I opened my eyes and there stood Austin standing by me. My hand was in his, "Austin?" "Don't talk sweetie, let me go get a nurse." Then he placed my hand by my side and ran out of the room. What am I doing at a hospital? Oh no, was something wrong with the baby. I looked down at my stomach, which was bigger. Wait, why have I gotten so much bigger. What's going on? Where did Austi- That's when I remember. The semi. It must have hit me and Trish. Where's Trish? Is she okay? How long have I been here? Did it hurt the baby? I want Austin. I was about to break into tears when I see Austin come back into the room. He sees that I'm about to break down, so he comes and sits by me and wraps me up in his arms. "It's okay Alls. Everything's okay now." He rocked me back and forth and I began to calm. A couple of minutes later a doctor walks into the room, "Hello Mrs. Moon. I'm glad you're back with us." Austin pulled back and sat up beside me. "Is it okay for her to talk doctor?" Austin asked, worried. "Let's do a check up on her first." The doctor's then did everything from shining lights in my eyes to giving me an ultrasound to check on the baby. After they had ran every test they possibly could, the doctor looked back over at me and Austin, "We still don't understand why this happened, but you seem to be in good health now. I want to keep you here until tomorrow, just to make sure you'll be okay. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to dismiss you. Goodnight." the doctor said as he walked out of the room. "Thanks doctor." Austin said as he shut the door behind him. I looked over at Austin as he walked back to me, "Austin, can you hold me?" "Of course Alls." He sat be on the bed and I crawled into his lap. "Austin, was I really in a coma for three weeks?" "Yea, sweetie. You hit your head when the semi flipped you and Trish over; none of the doctors understand why you went into the coma though. It was all in God's plan, and I can't complain because He gave you back to us." He kissed the top of my head as I thought about what he said. "So our car flipped over? Is Trish okay?" "Trish is fine, she only cracked her wrist. Oh! That reminds me, I need to tell everyone the good news!" He reached over on the table and picked up his phone. He sent out a text to everyone as another question popped into my mind, "Did the crash hurt our baby?" I looked up at him. "Thanks to God, it didn't. Our little baby was perfectly safe." he said as he placed a hand on my belly. "The doctor's came in twice a week and made sure he or she was developing like they need to." I look over at the mess on the let-out chair beside the bed. "Austin, did you stay here with me?" "Yep. I slept right by you every night. There wasn't no way I was leaving you and our baby." I smile and nuzzle my head in Austin's chest. "Thanks Austin. I love you so much." "I love you too Alls." For a couple of more hours me and Austin just talked and cuddled. Three weeks without Austin. I had missed out on three weeks with my best friend. I prayed I never had to go without him for that long again.