Newt: My fictional girl

- Newts POV-

A few months ago I requested a book, so they finally sent one up to me. I've been getting bored after dinner when we don't have much to do. I'm pretty far into it, it's obviously pretty old because it talks about how life was before this.

The characters have to go to school, have family's and friends. Such small problems compared to my situation in the Glade. All of the people are cool but on has caught my attention. A fictional character named Y/N, she is kind and smart and quiet. She's a minor character but I can't help but fall for her.

It's stupid because she's not even real but any time she says a sarcastic comment I can't help but chuckle and everytime she's even mentioned a smile covers my face. I'm not even sure what she looks like, but her personality is so endearing I just can't help myself. She seems just as lonely as me in the sense we're surrounded by people who love us but don't feel it. I'm not sure but I feel this connection with her, I understand her.

I must be going bloody mental.

"Hey, Newt! Drooling over your fictional girl again are ya?" Minho says walking up to me and sitting beside me in the tall grass under a tree as the sun starts to set.

I remember the page number and close the book, "No! Definitely not. What do you need?"

He shakes his head and says, "I just want to talk to you, I bet now that you 'have' her if any girl comes up in the box you won't give a second shuck glance will ya, Blondie?"

I stay silent pondering if it's true and blush once I realize how much I truly feel for some words on paper. Well in another universe she may be reading a story about me too I guess. I wish she was here, she would love Minho's sarcasm, chucks bad jokes and (hopefully) me.

We watch the sunset, I drag my slender fingers through my blonde her. My lanky legs spread open as I lean against the tree trunk and sigh sadly. Maybe in another life I would have a love like her.