Chapter 13

Hey readers! So, after a long period of thinking, I decided that there will be an epilogue following this chapter. But, the story will come full circle, and hopefully, you will all enjoy the ending I have conjured up. Thank you for the support and I hope my other stories will have the same effect as this one did!

~ Caroline

Two months later (36 weeks)...

As time continued on, Nick had become the head Senior field agent. He stepped up when McGee stepped down to be with Delilah and the twins more. Nick had taken a liking to the new role he was in and enjoyed it a bit more than his previous position.

Ellie and Nick had talked about the promotion for a while, and while she was happy for Nick, she had become a bit skeptical. But, she was assured that no undercover work would be assigned, which Ellie had been worried about. 

A few weeks later, Gibbs and Vance had surprised El with a promotion as well. Giving her the title of Senior field agent, too. She was overjoyed, and liked the idea of being a woman in a powerful role. 

The two were home often, and had been able to watch the twins grow. The couple also had more time to be present for Elina with school related commitments. Gibbs and Jack typically joined the parents for Elina's volleyball games and soccer matches. 

Now, Ellie was 9 months with their baby boy, and the two had finally come up with a name for him. He was given a special one, a reminder of their work family.

Now, today was important. Elina was turning 13; becoming a teenager. It was something that Nick and Ellie had little time to prepare for what would become of this change. But, Elina was a good kid, and no matter the struggles the family went through, they were invincible. 

Elina had dreamed of the most extravagant party, but she knew her parents would try to make everything perfect. She also knew of the possibility she would share her special day with her baby brother. She secretly hoped that Ellie would go into labor.

Everyone she loved was over at the house, celebrating one of the biggest days of her life. She felt the immense amount of love she'd always hoped for. The party lasted for hours it seemed. The joy was evident on her face every second. School had been better, and she made more friends, a few of whom were there to celebrate. Even though the party ended, the family's smiled never faded. 

.....................................

Birthday wishes do come true, as Ellie had gone into labor a few days later. Abby joined her at the hospital and waited patiently with Nick. It wasn't a quick process and certainly not smooth. Just like with the twins, Ellie had some complications, which made the time stack up higher. 

But, a healthy little boy had come, who was the mirror image of Ellie, but had Nick's eyes. They chose a beautiful name with a meaning they couldn't find with any others. 

Everyone had come and made their rounds at the hospital to meet the newest agent. Elina and the twins were brought by Nick and Gibbs, who was over the moon about his grandson. But, the surprise was yet to come.

"He's beautiful, Mama," Lia said, to the agreement of her sisters.

"Can I hold him?" Elina asked. She was excited for a brother. She was amazed when Nick had handed him to her, and sat there in awe of the baby in her arms. 

"Do you want to know his name?" Nick asked. 

"I think we all do," Abby laughed and the entire team chucked in response. 

"Meet Oliver Leroy Jethro Torres," Gibbs may have shed a few tears after hearing the name of his first grandson. 

"You named him after me?" The couple nodded and all joined for a group hug. 

A few days later, Ellie and Ollie had made it home, to the joy of the kids. Elina had become obsessed with Ollie, and constantly took care of him for her parents. Ellie and Nick loved the care their oldest daughter had for her siblings. 

It wasn't easy with the twins running around, and caring for a newborn, but the couple had it handled. Gibbs came over often to relieve them of the stress. Nick had taken El out one night for a date, something they both missed. Ellie couldn't recall the last time they had been on one. 

Gibbs had also decided to take the kids to the cabin for a long weekend, leaving Ollie with the couple. Elina enjoyed being with her grandfather. They took the boat out and went fishing; the twins, still young, didn't quite understand the game, but still had fun swimming. 

Returning home, Elina was overjoyed to see her baby brother and parents. All was right in their world. The family had each other and the support they needed. 

Abby stopped over many times after Ollie's birth, and showed the older girls how to do perfectly symmetrical pigtails, which they all had fun doing. 

Unfortunately, Jack had decided to leave the agency, and headed to Afghanistan. But, the family still had everyone they loved.