Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3...

"What are we going to tell Gibbs?" He asked.

"Um, I hadn't thought of that. How about we tell him tomorrow?"

"Okay. Tomorrow." He looked at Ellie and kissed her, before she got up and left the room.

The next day...

Ellie and Nick walked off the elevator and into the bullpen. Gibbs hadn't been in yet, but McGee was sitting at his desk. 

"I need to talk to Ducky for a moment, I'll be back in a few." Nick said, and lightly put his had on Ellie's small bump. McGee looked over, and noticed the hand movement.

"Is there something you want to say?" He asked the both of them, giving a goofy grin. 

"Well, we weren't going to say anything quite yet, but I am pregnant. 12 weeks tomorrow." A smile appeared on Tim's face, and he hugged them both, only to notice that Gibbs was standing behind them with wide eyes. 

"Oh, Gibbs, hey." Ellie said nervous, a bit terrified. 

"Hey, Bishop, congratulations. You are now on desk duty until you are told otherwise by Vance." He looked at her, and her smile faded, then he pulled her into a hug. 

"I am so happy for you, El. Just, don't put yourself in danger, especially right now. Okay?"

"Okay, and thank you."

"You know the sex yet?" Gibbs asked.

"No. I can find out at my next appointment. In 9 weeks." Ellie replied, she smiled at the though of becoming a mother. 

"Well, tell us when you find out, will you? I want to know if I get a granddaughter or grandson. I mean, if that's okay." Gibbs said.

"Of course it is. I had a question. You are like a father to me, and I was wondering if you would like the baby to call you Grandpa? It would mean the world to me." Ellie said to Gibbs. He looked at her, and smiled. 

"I would love that. It would be an honor." He said. 

"Uncle Tim." Nick said to McGee. His face lit up and they shared a look. 

"Anyway, we have a body. Two, actually. Potomac River. Let's go."

"Alright." Ellie says, happily. 

"Oh, no, not you. Remember, desk duty?" Gibbs gives her a look, and she immediately sits down in her desk chair. 

"We will talk to Vance when I get back, okay?" Nick asks. 

"Okay. See you in a bit."

Back at in the bullpen...

"Let's to talk to Vance now." Nick suggested. 

They walked up to Vance's office, and were let in. Gibbs followed.

"Agent Bishop, Torres. Gibbs?"

"Director, we have something to talk to you about." Ellie said, worried about his reaction. 

"What is it, Bishop." Vance asked, curiously.

"I found out I am pregnant. 12 weeks tomorrow, and was wondering if I am going to be able to continue field duty until about 34 weeks?"

"Well, first of all, congratulations!" Vance said excitedly. 

"Thank you, Director."

"Yes, you may continue to be in the field, but only until 32 weeks. 8 months pregnant, and you are on full desk duty, got it? I can't risk having anything happen to you or the baby. I'm happy for you."