Chapter 2

5 Months Later...  (I feel like speeding it up because there was nothing major happening between Ellie and Nick before this.)

"Grab your gear," Gibbs said as he walked in and dropped his coffee cup in the small trashcan. 

"Body, Boss?" McGee asked. Gibbs looked at him and nodded. 

"Dead Navy Sailor in Norfolk." He replied. Ellie looked at McGee and nodded. She threw him the keys, and they walked to the elevator.

"Where is Nick?" McGee asked Gibbs. 

"Undercover." He answered. His phone rang and he picked up. 

"Nick Torres."

"Hey, Gibbs. Ellie doesn't know where I am, right?"

"Not that I know of," Gibbs said. Ellie looked at him, then turned away. 

"Okay. I went to Oklahoma to ask her family for their blessings," he said happily. 

"What about mine?" Gibbs asked with a hard tone. 

"I'll ask when I get back. I am flying into D.C. in about 3 hours. I didn't want to ask over the phone. I thought it would be more polite to ask in person." 

"I appreciate that. I do expect you to be working on this case when you come back. I'll have one of the team send you all of the details. We are heading out now."

"Okay. What do you have?" He asked.

"Dead Navy Sailor in Norfolk," Gibbs added. 

"Oh. I have to go, bye." Nick said.

"Bye, Torres."

They reached the scene and began to survey the area. 

"Gibbs, your 6, don't look now, but you have a guy starring at you," Ellie said, feeling something suspicious. 

"Describe him. Make it discrete." Gibbs replied. 

"Short, about 5'4", short brown hair, looks like green eyes. Wearing a hoodie from the Sterile Puppets, and cargo pants. Baggy." She described the man. 

"Okay, act like your phone has no service, move it around and try to discretely take a picture of him. Send it to Abby, and see if she can run facial rec on him." Gibbs added. 

"Okay. Got it." She dialed Abby. 

"Hey, Abbs."

"Hey, Bishop."

"I am sending you a picture of someone at the crime scene. Can you run facial rec and see if you can find a record on him? He is starring at Gibbs and acting suspiciously. I have a gut feeling about this guy." She said. 

"Sure thing. I'll text you the results when I get them. Bye." Abby replied and ended the call. 

"What do we got, Palmer?" Gibbs asked.

"GSW to the chest, and blunt force trauma to the back of the head."

"Time of death?"

"I can't be exact, but I'd say about 2 days ago."

"Defence wounds?"

"None that I can see. Although, he does have DNA under his fingernails. He may have scratched his killer. Most likely before he was struck or shot." Palmer told Gibbs.

"Hey, Boss," McGee said, walking over to Gibbs. He looked at McGee. 

"The victim is Navy Sailor Edward Rossen. 25 years old, married, has a 2 year old daughter, and his wife is pregnant with their twins." 

"Where was he stationed?" He asked. 

"The U.S.S John C. Stennis." He looked at Gibbs, and knew what was coming next. 

"Go find out any information about himvrrom his CO, and any others who knew him." Gibbs told McGee.

"On it, boss."

5 Hours Later. Back at the office...

"Torres," Gibbs said as Nick walked in. 

"Hey, Gibbs," Nick responded. He went over to Gibbs and started talking. 

"Ellie's family approved. Do I have your blessing?" He asked and held out the ring. 

"I do, on one condition. You have to protect her and keep her safe. She is like a daughter to me, and nothing can happen to her. I can't lose another family member. You have to promise me."

"I promise. Thank you." Nick exclaimed happily. 

"She is up in MTAC, as is everyone else. Jack, Vance, Palmer, Abby, and Ducky. McGee will be there in a minute. He had one last thing he needed to do for the case."

"Perfect. Thank you for helping me wit this. It means the world to me."

"Okay, don't et too sappy on me. I don't do sappy." Gibbs said as he gave Nick a look.

"Oh, right, sorry." They gave each other a look and chuckled as they walked up together. 

McGee ran after them, as they entered MTAC. 

"I'm not late for anything, right?" He asked, out of breath.

"No, you are just in time," Nick said back. 

"What is going on here? What is all of this secrecy? You guys have been tiptoeing around me for the last few hours." Ellie asked curiously and a bit frustrated. 

Then she saw Nick grab something small out of his pocket, and immediately, it registered. 

"Yes!" She shouted before he had the time to say anything.

"You didn't even let me bend down on the one knee..." 

"But I know that it is the right choice."

She looked at him with that dreamy look she had from their first date. 

"Yes!" She said again. Nick took the ring out and stood up, slipped it on her finger, and kissed her. 

"I love you, and your fast thinking!" He said to her. 

"I love you, too." She said back to him. 

They chuckled and looked at each other. Their eyes said everything.