Chapter 8

It's been a week since Yeosang rejected San, but they are not awkward at all. Honestly, San clings more to Yeosang, which makes me irritated. That night when San texted me that Yeosang rejected him, I felt relieved and thought that I'd never see them again together, but I'm wrong. I walk and sit in between San and Yeosang. I cling to Yeosang and ask him to buy food with me. He smiles at me and nods.

As I was buying food, someone called Yeosang on the phone. He excuses himself and answers the phone. After getting my food, I go towards him and see him drop his phone. I tap his shoulders and see him crying.

"Oh my god, Yeo, why are you crying? Who called you?"

"Woo, Coco is gone. Woo, I need to go home."

"Come on. I'll go with you. Let's go home, hmm?" I grab his hand and escort him until we're inside his home.

His parents welcomed us warmly. His dad takes him into their backyard, where Coco is, leaving his mom to talk to me.

"Hi, Wooyoung, right?" I nod as I smile at Mrs. Kang. She offers me a drink, and I accept it politely. "Are you two together," she asks. I cough while drinking as the sudden question surprises me. "Oh honey, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Mrs. Kang. Ahm, we're just friends." I assure her.

"You know, he never brings a friend at home before. We just heard some news that he has a lot of friends at his university. You're the first person he brings at home. You must be special." She winks at me. His mom really looks like him.

"Yes, Mrs. Kang. He's like a social butterfly and a good friend. Can I go over Yeosang?" I ask her politely.

She nods at me and gestures the way towards their backyard as she says, "Just call me mom."

"Thanks, mom." I smile at her warmly and make my way towards the backyard.

------

"Yeo..." I call as I approach him. My eyes soften as I see him crying his heart out.

"I'll leave you two. If you need me, I'll be at the kitchen." Mr. Kang says. I nod and thank him calmly.

I hug Yeosang and pat his back.

"He's my first friend." He opens up. "Coco, he's my first friend. I never really get a friend since kindergarten. Every kid thinks I'm too quiet and bluntly honest for their liking. Coco is all I have, not until Seonghwa hyung became my friend. Coco. He's really special to me. I- I can't believe that he's gone." I pat his back and let him cry on my shoulders. I hug him tightly to tell him that I'm here.

"I don't want to lose a friend, Woo. I- I can't."

I pull out of the hug and hold his cheeks. I let him look at me, and I say, "You still have me. You'll always have me. I can be your friend as long as forever. And even if you don't want me anymore, you can't get rid of my annoying ass." I make sure that I say it softly and sincerely. I check the time and see that it is 3:27.

"Hey, Yeo." He looks at me curiously, with his eyes still painted with tears. I reach out to him and wipe his tears with my hands. "It's 3:27. You make my 3:27 special." I continue.

He frowns and asks, "Why?"

"It's always 3:27 whenever special things happen when I'm with you. You make every 3:27 a special memory." I smile at him and squish his cheeks.

"Stay for the night?" He asks, voice pleading.

"I will, even if you don't ask me, Yeo." I smile and reach for his hand. I pull his hand to make him stand. I put my hands on his waist and walked him inside his home.

3:27 truly become extraordinary because of you, Yeosang. I'll keep my promise.