07.

Imma update again later

Hazel
📍Home

Despite what I was going through I still had to be a mom. I woke up before everyone cooking a big breakfast and tidying up before everyone woke up.

Soon Azriel came downstairs with her hair covering her face rubbing her eyes. Aiden who had woken up a few minutes before was on the couch watching cartoons.

"Can you go wake up daddy?" I asked And Azriel nodded

I watched as she walked into my room plopping down beside him. I smiled seeing them have a small conversation before they both stood. He went into the bathroom and she came back making her way to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning hun." Adonis said kissing my cheek before grabbing Aiden off of the couch throwing him in the air before carrying him to the table

I put all the plates in front of everyone before sitting down do pray.

"Azi. Pray." Adonis said

She put her head down "Lord we thank you for the food on our table, we thank you for clothes on our back. We ask that you let this food be a nourishment to our bodies and Jesus name we pray amen."

"Amen. Soon you'll be praying to the church." He said and she laughed

"Unt unt. I might not ever."

"You don't want to be in ministry?" He asked and she shook her head no "why?"

"I love God, but I don't desire to like take over the church one day or anything." She shrugged "I don't want to be one of those super saved people you know."

"Super-saved?"  he asked and she simply nodded

"How was everyone's week?" I asked as I picked at my food

"Mine was really good. I think Me, Mya and Jaliyah are supposed to go to a party next weekend. Well if it's okay with you guys."

"I need to know the date, time and whose party it is." I spoke

"Okay, how was you guys week?" She asked

"Mine was alright. Same old mommy stuff." I smiled and said blankly

I don't get a break to stop and be upset, because there's two kids still looking for mommy. So I can stomach my emotions for right now.

"My week was hectic man." Adonis spoke "When one thing comes together at the church another falls apart. And then we're working out another living situation for sister Alice, she's no longer comfortable in her home. It's starting to be alot but God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle.

Aiden climbed out of his chair climbing in my lap and I held him close knowing he was ready to go back to sleep. He placed his head in the crook of my neck as his tiny hand laid on my chest.

I rocked him up and down kissing his cheek.

"You gotta stop babying him Love. He's a boy it's time to toughen him up."

"This is moms baby. Leave him alone."

"Let me take him. You barely ate any food."

"I'm not hungry." I yawned "Just wanted to make sure you all ate." I stood

"Thank you mom." "Thank you hun." They said in unison

"I'll clean the kitchen for you." Azriel added and i nodded going to lay in the bed with my son on my side.

Before I knew it I had dozed off.

"Dad can me and you go out tonight?" I heard Azriel ask As I stirred in my sleep

"Not today baby." He sighed "I'm sorry."

"Daddy we used to be so close and now you don't even spend time with me anymore. I don't mean just dinner time but I want one on one time with you too. I miss you daddy." Her voice cracked

"Azriel I know but what do you want me to do about it? I'm sorry but I'm so limited on time." He said as he put on his socks

"Really? Wow." She stood upset at his answer "I wish you put as much energy into me as you do the church." she said before she stormed out the room

"AZR-"

"Leave her alone." I cut him off

"H-"

"No, let her go." I sat up "She's 16 and she still wants to be around her parents. When I was 16 I didn't want to be bothered with mine and you can't make time for her? I know she's right cause you do the same thing to me."

"Are you really making this about us?"

"No. This is about our daughter. She wasn't wrong in what she said. Of all things you could've said "what do you want me to do?" Wss the first thing that crossed your mind?"

"Hazel I'm not arguing with you about how to discipline our child."

"I'm not arguing I'm telling you, LEAVE HER ALONE. She's not in the wrong here."

I watched as he put on his shoes

"Hazel what am I supposed to do?"

"Learn how to balance the church and your family.If you walk out the door knowing she feels like this without trying to fix it your Gonna regret it."

"Hazel baby I have too." He sighed

I rolled over facing away from him and grabbing my phone as I cried to myself. I just want my family back.