STAR WARS EPISODE X - THE LORD IN THE SHADOWS 1

written by Luca Di Valentin

EXT. SPACE

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the Main Title, followed by a rollup, which crawls into infinity.

Peace across the galaxy.

The newly elected chancellor AVAN VAAL of the NEW REPUBLIC praises the foundation of cohesion and empathy he can build upon. From the Core Worlds to the once notorious Outer Rim, citizens would be thankful for the another era of freedom.

Meanwhile, after decades of hiding and persecution, the Jedi established themselves as the peacekeepers they once were. Independent from the Senate, the Jedi Order proclaims to solely act as the force wills it.

In spite of these seemingly quiet times, unrest and anxiety emerges among leaders of the Republic, as the Jedi received a distress signal, unseen since the days of the Clone Wars, from a planet that hasn't been discovered yet. A planet in the Unknown Regions.

Uncertain what awaits them, the Jedi Council dispatched Jedi Knight ACE ADILA and Jedi Master EINAR to lead Republic forces to investigate this strange occurence...

PAN LEFT to reveal a planet with a red surface, covered with dark clouds. A silver spaceship, a transport of the NEW REPUBLIC cruises through outer space, towards the mysterious planet.

INT. NEW REPUBLIC TRANSPORT - HANGAR

A New Republic commander walks down a hallway, other members of his bataillon left and right are preparing their equipment and weapons. Some put on their helmets, others load their guns.

As we follow the commander THE CAMERA STOPS at a door and FADES TOWARDS IT.

INT. NEW REPUBLIC TRANSPORT - ACE'S CABINET

Our main character ACE ADILA (28), a gentle and selfless

Jedi, leans over a small table in a tiny cabinet.

She talks with MIRA VAAL (32), an adventurous archeologist and daughter of the current chancellor. She can be seen as a small blue hologram.

We hear shouting and footsteps from outside the cabinet.

MIRA

(voice distorted through hologram) Seems like you're getting closer to the signal?

ACE ADILA

Any moment, yes.

MIRA

I'm so jealous. Between the two of us your day sounds way more exciting than mine.

ACE ADILA

What's wrong about having a party?

MIRA

I know you Jedi don't throw many of them, but let me tell you, it is not fun, when you are 40 years younger than every other guest. Besides... it's more like a celebration. Which means... (Sighs) ...speeches and handshakes.

ACE ADILA

(grins) Well, being the daughter of the chancellor comes with a great burden I suppose.