STAR WARS - THE LORD IN THE SHADOWS Part 22

INT. NEW REPUBLIC CRUISER - BRIDGE

New Republic soldiers carry an Enlightenment trooper with them. The Enlightenment trooper wears Darin Zar's armor. The soldiers approach admiral Haon.

N. R. SOLDIER DAIS

Admiral, we found him in the wreckage. We believe him to be the leader.

ADMIRAL HAON

Any signs of Ms. Vaal?

N. R. SOLDIER DAIS

No, Admiral. Some parts seem to have simply vaporized... We can't confirm her death, but...

The Admiral's face turns grim as he takes off the helmet of his enemy. Captain Drayven is under the armor. He is heavily wounded, but grins.

INT. SPACE - NEW REPUBLIC TRANSPORT - BRIDGE WRECKAGE

Mira lies unconscious on the floor. Next to her lies VT-3 with his remaining eye turned off.

Sparks erupt from the security door as we see something slice through it.

VT-3's eyes start to glow and he shoots up.

VT-3

Oh dear...

The cut grows bigger.

VT-3 floats to Mira.

VT-3 (CONT'D)

Mira, please... Wake up!

Mira opens her eyes slowly and holds her head.

MIRA VAAL

V... What happened?

A hole gets smashed into the security door where the cut once was.

Mira and VT-3 both turn to look at the door.

The droid GT-X0 enters through the hole. He steps into what's left of the bridge and inspects them.

GT-X0

Well... you certainly have her eyes.

VT-3

Stay away from her!!!

VT-3 launches at GT-X0. The tall droid casually holds him off with one arm.

GT-X0

You are an annoying little beast, aren't you?

A voice can be hear behind GT-X0. It is distorted through a helmet.

LEYLON

Deactivation code: TZ-9283

VT-3's eyes turn black and he slowly floats to the ground. The small droid plops to the side.

Mira stares with huge eyes at the droid and addresses the voice.

MIRA VAAL

How did you know that?

A woman in a black and white armor reveals herself behind GT- X0. She walks up to VT-3.

LEYLON

Because I was there when he took his first glance upon the universe...

Mira stands up and her eyes widen as she spots a sun surrounded by two sickles on the armor. The woman takes her helmet off. We see Leylon (54), she has a scar over her left cheek.

LEYLON (CONT'D)

As with you... my little Nova.

Mira gasps.

MIRA VAAL

Mom...

EXT. BAGHAN - PLATFORMS

Ace still lays on the ground.

A headlight shines directly at her.

The New Republic Gunship lands next to the platform and soldiers run towards her.

CUT TO BLACK.

INT. SPACE - NEW REPUBLIC CRUISER - INFIRMARY

Silas lays in a bed. The door opens and Ace enters the room. Stitches are all over her body. She walks up to Silas.

They look into each others eyes. Then at the mechanical leg, attached to the spot, where Silas' leg got cut off.

Ace shows remorse but Silas tries to cheer her up with a smile.

They both glance out the window, as the ship starts entering hyperspace.

FADE OUT.

CREDITS

THE END