STAR WARS - THE LORD IN THE SHADOWS Part 11

EXT. SPACE

The Helios comes out of hyperspace and rushes to Coruscant's surface.

EXT. CORUSCANT - SENATE OFFICE BUILDING - LANDING PLATFORM - NIGHT

The chancellor awaits the ship with his guards.

Ace and Silas leave the Helios. Ace bows down.

ACE ADILA

Chancellor.

AVAN VAAL

Greetings, my dear Jedi. The Republic is relieved to know your rescue was successful.

ACE ADILA

Only partially, Sir. Einar is still in the hands of these animals.

AVAN VAAL

Ah yes indeed. Don't worry my dear, his rescue is our top priority. I dispatched a Republic cruiser, now that Silas finally agreed to tell us the location of his old friends.

Silas closes his eyes, embarrassed, and avoids Ace's confused look.

AVAN VAAL (CONT'D)

Good... We will grant you to stay here for one rotation... for your services. After that, I suggest you return to where you came from. For your own good. Oh and Master Adila... The Jedi Council on Oluso awaits your report.

Avan Vaal walks away into the building.

ACE ADILA

What did he mean with "old friends"?

SILAS SUNFELL

Again... people like me... don't have the luxury to choose. You'd never understand.

ACE ADILA

Then tell me, so I can try.

Silas walks away. Ace stands alone on the platform and looks after him.

INT. BAGHAN - CAPITOL - MIRA'S CHAMBERS - DAY

The screen, previously showcasing the artifact, now displays the sun surrounded by two sickles. Messages are written beneath the logo. Mira crouches over her holopad with the symbols.

MIRA VAAL

We have to be missing something.

VT-3

(talks to the screen) What other varieties exist to encode a message, Sir? We tried everything in my databank... The results are, in positive terms, nonsense.

A pause. Then a new message gets written underneath the symbol.

VT-3 (CONT'D)

Find similarities between them? (pauses) Well, they are all ugly I suppose...

Another message.

MIRA VAAL

Wait... These symbols aren't words... They are numbers.

VT-3

What?

Mira types something into her computer. A map appears, several planets are highlighted.