004

Sumi's pov

Sumi's pov

I just picked up my dress for the ball.

When I was in my room, I showered again.

While shampooing myself, I hummed the favorite song of my mother and me, from the past.

When I was done, I dried myself off and slipped into my bathrobe to cover my body, and then I wrapped my hair in a towel.

When I was in the sleeping area of my room, I first combed my hair through and blow-dried it smooth.

Then I put on make-up.

When there was a knock at my door, I saw Eomeoni coming in and starting to admire me.

I smiled, and she looked at me with big eyes.

"You look adorable, like your mother when she was in your age!" she said.

I smiled at her and thanked her for her compliment.

Then she helped me put on my dress.

I looked in the wall mirror and admired myself, because it looked adorable.

The material was figure-hugging on my laps and it looked wonderful, just magical.

When the pearls shimmered, it was like Cinderella when the fairy had conjured up a dress for her.

After I finished looking at it, Eomeoni styled my hair.

She made me a kind of up-and-up hairdresser, but half of my medium-length hair fell wavy down.

She stocked my hair with beautiful flower braces, which were made of white pearls, into my hair.

It also fit perfectly with everything.

After she got a tiara out of a box, which she carefully put on my head, the moment she did that felt magical.

It felt like a new era in my life was about to begin, which would bring beautiful but also not-so-beautiful moments.

That feeling was overwhelming and just beautiful, because I felt grown up and mature.

It was just different.

"It's wonderful!" said Eomeoni.

Which made me smile and almost cry, but I blinked the feeling quickly away.

"Thank you!" I replied, in a trembling voice.

I pulled out a few earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet made of real gold and real emeralds.

And also my shoes, which were covered with golden, white pearls.

Then I was done and the party could start, but suddenly a strange feeling came over me and it didn't go away.

It felt like something bad was going to happen or like I did something bad.

But I didn't know anything about it. I hope it's just because of the excitement.