008

Sumi's pov:

Sumi's pov:

I was lying on my bed and I was desperate, I didn't know what to do.

Why do I have to marry him?
Why can't one of my sisters marry him?

Why me...?

Suddenly there was a knock, it was Eomeoni.

She came in and asked me what was going on. I told her the story with Jungkook.

"Everything will be fine, dear, it's probably not that bad," she said.

I looked at her in disbelief.

She can't be serious.
Not that bad?
If she only knew...

She stroked my back and whispered words of encouragement.

I didn't say much about it, because I can't do anything about it.

After a while Eomeoni went out, because she had to prepare lunch for the guests.

I was then alone again.

Lying on my bed, I tried to think about what to do, but I couldn't think of anything.

I had thought about talking to my father.

Maybe I could convince him to marry So Young or Su ji to Jungkook.

After a while there was another knock on the door, I got up, because Eomeoni or Jackson always came in after the first knock.

But there were two knocks

I wonder who that could be?

With quick steps I ran to the door and opened it.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw who was standing in front of my door.

It was Kim Seok-Jin.

Jungkook's pov:

I ran outside to the pond that was in the courtyard of the palace.

You've got to be kidding, they're not serious, how did they come to take me?

I haven't even known her for a day and now I'm supposed to marry her?!

I took a few stones in my hand and threw them flat on the water, so that they landed splashing in the water.

I was so angry at my brother.

I told him that I would not marry anyone, no matter how pretty or nice they were.

I mean I'm the youngest, why not Jimin, Namjoon or who knows who else.

I just couldn't explain to myself why I should marry her.

I'm going to stop it, maybe I can convince Jin.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, when I turned around I saw Namjoon smiling at me in pity.

I pushed his hands away from my shoulder and grabbed more stones.

"I don't need your pity!" I said, annoyed.

He sighed.

"I wasn't going to, I just wanted to keep you company" he said in a calm tone and then he also got some stones and threw them into the water.

"Company?" I asked.

"Why not, I mean I can imagine how you feel and the mood in the palace is also very tense" he replied.

"So what? I mean, it's not my own fault if Jin does that, I said from the beginning that I would not go along with it and not even one day later I'm supposed to marry her?" I said.

"Listen Jungkook, I know it's stupid and that you don't want this, but think about the people, think about us, your family, we just want the best for the people, that's all!" Namjoon said.

He can't be serious!

"Have you even thought about my feelings?! You can't force me to do this. Why don't you marry her if you want to protect the stupid people!" I said provocatively.

Namjoon's expression changed, he became angry.

"Because Jin and the king chose you and this is about our peoples, it's not about your or Princess Sumi's feelings, it's about protecting thousands of people over whom we have a responsibility!" said Namjoon angrily.

I was so taken aback by this statement that I did not respond.

Then he threw the stones he still had into the water and walked away angrily without a word.

They are all crazy...

Perplext about the whole situation I sat down on the ground and sighed.

This can only go wrong...

Sumi's Pov:

What is he doing in front of my door now!?

I bowed respectfully, but when I looked up and met his eyes, he gave me a guilty look, but he played it off with a smile.

"Do you want to talk?" he asked me politely.

Actually, no.

"As you wish." I replied.

He smiled and then walked ahead.

I walked after him and an awkward tension was in the air.

When we were outside, he began to talk.

"I hope you're not quite so mad at me," he said.

Wrong. I am very mad at you.

"It was not planned to marry you to Jungkook, your father had seen you at the buffet and when I came to him he said that we should get you engaged" he said.

"You shouldn't have agreed!" I said.

"I couldn't say much because your father is older than me and I have a lot of respect for him, so I agreed." he replied.

I gave a snort.

I didn't want to argue with him any longer.

After 20 minutes of all the walking and talking, I told him that I was tired and that I wanted to go to my room before lunch was served in an hour.

I was not really tired, but everything here put me under stress.

I said goodbye to him and went to my room.

In my room I looked out of my balcony.

There was a warm breeze blowing, which calmed me down.

I looked down at the courtyard, which was full of flowers and trees.

This all calmed me down and I could release my stress.

Suddenly I saw a person walking along the path in front of my balcony.

It was Jungkook.

Questioningly I looked at him, I watched him, but suddenly he looked up.

He looked at me and I looked back, when I realized that he had just caught me staring at him, I blushed and quickly turned around.

How embarrassing.

I really need to talk to him.

------------------
______________

I hope you like it!
Leave a vote and comment
Thank you <3

~Mimi

(1019 words)