023

Sumi's pov:

Sumi's pov:

I don't know how long I've been here in this cold, dark room, but it seems like an eternity.

The fact that it was Eomeoni did not improve my mood.

I snorted in frustration and tried to think of something else.

As I was thinking about the whole thing again, I heard footsteps walking towards my door.

Goosebumps formed all over my body, and when I heard the door open with a squeak, cold sweat ran down my back.

"How is my princess today?" said Jinyoung amusingly.

I was silent and didn't answer his question.

"I asked you a question, so answer me!" he said in a loud voice.

I replied curtly that I was fine.

He laughed and I realized how I was losing hope more and more.

"That's good, because now there's something for you to eat," he said.

He brought me the food and it did not look so appetizing.

I wonder if it expired.

Eww, I don't even want to think about it.

I had to suppress a gag reflex, because it stank of garbage.

"I'm not hungry, Jinyoung," I said softly.

"Why not, this looks quite delicious" he said with a grin.

There was a short silence between us because I had no idea what to say in response.

"Whatever you say, but if you're hungry you have to eat this, I don't have anything else." he interrupted the silence

I nodded.

I thought he was going to leave now, but he asked me if I knew who the culprit was.

I nodded hesitantly and gave his mother's name.

His eyes widened.

"She raised you and you think of her first and not someone else? Eomoni would be disappointed in you" he said.

Is he trying to tell me it wasn't Eomoni?

Hope and relief spread in my heart, because the fact that it was not Eomeonie made things easier.

"Oh forget it, you're much too stupid to understand" he said regretfully and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Why did he betrayed me like that,

After all, we were friends since kindergarten.

I shook the thoughts away, because I have to find a way out of here first.