Chapter 11

Inala was tired and hot. Maybe that made her a grandma, or a lightweight,  or something, but it was the truth. It was most likely the loss of meat to her diet that's giving her the fatigue, and allowing the alcohol to rush throughout her body. This was only her third time drinking so heavily, and the first time in public. Her face was hot and flush, and the more she sipped the drink Aiden had given her the more aware she felt of herself. 

Whatever it was causing it, Inala felt as thought that combined with the merriment of her classmates, seemed to make her even more so uncomfortable. Absentmindedly, her hand began to move around in circles sloshing her drink onto her shoes. 

"Shit" she shook off her foot and looked around to make sure no one had noticed. Probably not, she thought bitterly, it's waaayy past midnight everyone here has inhaled at least 3 drinks at this point, I'd have to do something a lot larger to have people notice me

Just as the thought flit past her mind, loud whoops and whistles rang out from over by the pool, and Inala whipped her head to see what was going on. She wasn't the only one that noticed the commotion, as more bodies began to press together in order to reach the outside area. Her 5'11 stature gave her a blessed advantages as she cast a glance over the crowd trying to glimpse what had caught the rabbid attention of all the partygoers. By tracing the eyelines of the mostle male onlookers, she landed on a group of three girls rolling and grinding on each other in a seductive way , the ring leader, of course, was Anya. Pressing Anya into her own little slut sandwhich was Thalia and Jada. I probably shouldn't call her a slut, I mean, maybe I'm just jealous she's so outgoing. Like, I don't even really know about her sexual history...

Inala wasn't necessarily a feminist, but of course all women deserved to be treated with respect, or whatever, the fucking liquor was in her system and she didn't care anymore about being PC, she wanted some wings. I could just say I was drunk and thought it was cauliflower wings....

"Girl, are you okay?" Aiden's red curls flopped into her vision, tearing her eyes away from the girls, but not fast enough for Aiden to not notice what had held her gaze. The thought of breaking her vegan streak crept out of her mind as she took in the tipsy ginger standing before her. 

"Ooouu just like I thought, Jada and Anya are getting on very well. I told you I saw them talking in the office earlier when I was helping her with her bags. This may sound crazy, but do you notice the way they kind've easily move in sync together? It's almost like a coordinated routine, like they just instinctively know what to do?" 

"I think you're drunk." Inala gave him a disgusted look and poured the rest of her drink down her throat, tossing her head back in what she hoped was a kind've sexy way. Could she even be sexy? What was exactly sexy anyways, like define sexy fr. She was getting sidetracked, the alcohol was really doing a toll on her. Anyways,  there was no way in hell she was gonna let him ogle them, at least, not without her. Whoaaa is this the liquid courage that people say come with alcohol? This shit is AMAZING. 

"Aiden, I have something to ask you and -" she paused to gasp for breath, what was it about alcohol that made you feel out of breath all the time?  "-I need you to be honest with me." she looked him in his eyes, was it her or were there now two of him? More of him to loveeeee. Her brain filled in what her heart was thinking, but now this just felt wrong, a sinking feeling fell into the pit of her stomach. If he didn't like her back, would a drunk year opening party be the place to find out? She'd held on to her secret for this long, and honestly, why ruin the night, and they were going back to her place maybe that would be a better scenery... She returned from her thoughts to notice Aiden staring at the pool area again. At least at my apartment he can't ogle Jada and Anya, that spiteful thought rang around in her head. 

"Oh, Inala, I don't think this is the time for-"

"I just wanted to know if yew wanted to dance." Inala rushed out an alternate question to what was really pressing on her heart. She knew in that moment that she would never tell Aiden what she felt, the way he was about to let her down already had her heart pounding out of it's chest and tears threatening to pool out of her eyes, but behind that was anger. White, hot anger. How dare he try to turn her down without her even saying anything.

Aiden's face visibly reddened, but he kept his overall composure. Inala could tell he wanted to say something. 

"Well, spit it out." shock. Okay, well she was wasn't normally this forward, and he had never been around her drunk, had he? 

"We should go, maybe dancing isn't the best idea right now, we can go back to your room and watch My Little Pony and eat something hot and warm."

"I want wings."

"Okay, okay we can get you some caulifl-"

"NO- I want double fried garlic parmesan wings with wingstop ranch."

"It's 1 am"

".... then Waffle House."

The two nodded in silent agreement as they turned their backs away from the girls and the crowd, and pushed their way back out front. 

***************************************************************************************

Hey hey ya'll :) Life has not been suite, but I'm just trynna Zack til I Cody... ;)  Okay, so that was corny, whatever. Anyways, I really have a whole plotline and know exactly how I want this story to go, it's just a matter of putting pen to paper, but I'm studying and getting my life together rn. But, I will be trying to update this during the summer! Enjoy this little filler of our fav hopeless romantic.