Chapter 4

Jada had gotten all of the electives she wanted, not necessarily in the order she wanted, but they were all there. Her homeroom had changed though, which she thought was odd, but didn't know whether or not to ask anyone about it. She was currently on her way to the locker room in order to get dressed for cheerleading tryouts. She had been informed that if you didn't pass tryouts your elective would be changed to generic P.E, and knew that some of the girls that were in P.E the same period would be trying out too, gunning for the few spots their were. 

For a boarding school Arendon seemed very large to Jada, every corner seemed to lead to another world. She was just starting to learn her way around, but it would explain why the school was so far up in the mountains. She finally found her way to the girl's locker room and pushed open the black cement door.

"Jada, over here! I was allowed to check your schedule and saw that we chose most of the same electives. Except theatre, I don't know why you thought THAT was a good idea." Anya rushed over and her mouth immediately began running a mile a minute. Jada was too focused on the fact that she was halfway clothed. She involuntarily wet her bottom lip as she looked at Anya, whose shirt was thrown haphazardly across a white bench and shorts laid on top, which left Anya standing there in nothing but a sports bra and boy shorts. 

"Uhh helllo?" Jada stopped in her thoughts and looked up at a pouting Anya.

"Yeah? Huh?"

"I was asking why you chose theatre as an elective. You do realize you're going to be stuck in there with the, well, with the losers. Yeah, whatever, this isn't mean girls, but clearly there's a pecking order, and theatre is nowhere near the top. Think GLEE, but without the cute teacher, singing, popular kids that were forced to participate, and the rivalry with the cheerleading squad. Just a bunch of Rachel Berry's and Kurt Hummel's that just..talk. " Jada snickered at the reference. That would be an annoying class, but she loved to act. 

"I've been in love with the theatre since I was little, in fact, I was taken to my first Broadway performance when I was just 4," as she spoke she siddled closer to Anya, who had walked back to her locker. "my mother says that it was the first time I was quiet for a full 2 hours." she smiled at the memory before looking over at Anya, who was studying Jada intently.

"Uh huh, that's cute, don't say I didn't warn you though. Your locker is actually across from mine, so basically it's behind us. It's the same as your apartment number. Inside, you'll find the gym uniform too. " Jada nodded and turned around to head to her locker. Musty and excited girls were yelling and laughing in the locker room as they tried to get ready too. She heard a few girls rehearsing cheers that were probably from last year. After saying 'excuse me' more times than she'd like to, she finally made it to her locker.  7D was shown in black bold letters on the emerald green lockers.  She opened it, using the key to her apartment, and pulled out a white shirt and emerald green shorts. She was lowkey digging the color scheme of this school, especially since the emerald worked so well with her mocha skin. The uniforms themselves were kinda cliche though, girls had 3 choices for bottoms and 3 for tops. Bottoms included an emerald plaid skirt, black slacks, or gray skirt. Tops included a white button up shirt, emerald polo, or a white polo. Of course if you wore the white button up you had to wear the black tie as well. Tops were the same for the boys, but their bottoms were either black slacks or gray slacks. Uniforms changed for the spring semester, but she thought she remembered someone mentioning some shorts. 

"You ready?" Anya was pulling her braids up into a large headband and looking over at Jada, who was only halfway dressed and hadn't even had a chance to freshen her makeup. 

"Uhhh..." Jada hurriedly pulled on the shorts and stuck her sock covered feet into her all white sneakers. "Just give me a second to freshen up my face, pretty please." she folded her hands in mock begging before running towards the bathroom. Some of the larger girls were in the stalls changing, scared to be picked on for a few stretch marks, whereas the beauty wannabe's were in the mirror primping and applying lashes. Jada shook her head as one girl began to use a black pencil to line her brows.