Chapter 9

Jada swirled the wine around in her glass before taking a small sip as she stood at the bar. Inala and Aiden had gone off somewhere, but that was alright Jada knew how to handle herself in a social setting. The energy in the room was electric and Jada was almost buzzing with elation. She knew that everyone in that room was staring at her, they wanted to talk to her, to know her, to befriend her, to claim her as part of them before the day was over. She loved that... the desire that others held for her. 

It did suck that Inala and Aiden had left her though, who does that? She had noticed Inala getting overwhelmed though, maybe Aiden had just taken her for air or something. While she had been searching for a place to sit and be approached, the guy from her homeroom class had approached her. 

"I see you've made yourself at home already." he smiled showing an almost perfect row of white teeth, only marred by a missing tooth on his left side. He was still fine as hell despite it. He had styled his curly black hair into a messy pushed back afro-like style, although his curls were a bit too loose to be considered a fro. His outfit perfectly complemented his olive skin (which was very clear, Jada made a mental note to ask him his skincare routine) he was wearing black jeans with a cream button-up top, but he'd decided to leave the upper portion of the shirt undone, leaving his hairless defined chest available for Jada to enjoy. Which she did. 

"Mmm, something like that. I saw a bar and knew I'd be alright. You were in my homeroom this morning, right?" she gave him a coy smile. He nodded and a mischievous glint could be seen in his eye,  

"Ahh, so you noticed me. Good to know even the upper class can see little old me."

"Me? Upper-class? You don't even know me well enough to say that."

"Well, maybe I should say the celebrities of campus." 

"Oh, I wouldn't say I was a celebrity, but since you said it..." they shared a small smile and Jada took a sip of her Chardonnay, shifting her weight on her feet, it was delicious. 

"I have a little area over here, maybe you'd like to sit down? I know those shoes can't be as easy to walk in as you make it look." he gave her a once over and Jada did a little twirl to help give him a full look. She pretended to mull it over in her head, 

"I don't knowww. I mean, you know more about me than I know about you, I don't even know your name, you're like a stranger to me. Why would I come to sit with you, give me one good reason." the guy stuck his hands in his pockets and nodded, his curls bouncing with his head. 

"Well, my name is Alec, is that enough info for you?"

"Well, I was serious about those reasons. Sure, maybe you're not a total stranger, but I'm a celebrity remember? I can't be with just anyone." she gave him a fake disgusted look as she peered down at him over her wine glass. 

Alec laughed and stepped closer so Jada could hear him better without shouting, "I know for a fact your feet are killing you for one, for two I would love to hear more about you, homeroom wasn't enough, and for three" he paused and reached his arm around Jada, resting it on the bar behind her and trapping her between him and the bar, "I've got your purse, and I think you're gonna need that." he pulled his arm back to reveal he had snatched her mini Telfar off the counter behind her and grinned. 

"Heyyy those are HARD to get, and even with the bag security program it took forever to get here!" she exclaimed and reached for the bag, but he snatched it back out of her reach. 

"I know, but I'm not giving it back until you come to sit with me, at least for a minute. Give me 5 questions?" 

"Or I could just tell security you stole my bag."