II

"So back when I was in 5th grade..."

I was playing with this lighter I had found outside at the Wartan's backyard with my friends. I was sitting there, trying to figure out how it worked while David and Opal were talking. Just as I started a fire I looked up to not hearing their voices at their figures running away into the trees. I turned around to be greeted with a very dirty and messy looking man, but kind. He had shoulder length messy black hair, wide eyes, a green ruana, and this weird purplish colored pair of pants. He had another woman there with him, a redhead woman with a yellow dress on and sun earrings. I looked at him, a little scared. The man started smiling and slightly crying. I remember the exact words he told me, "Is it really you?"

I looked at him even more scared now. The woman behind him was just smiling, a little sad, but more happy. The man hugged me and then pulled me in front of him. He wanted to take me back to his home and have me meet the family.

I said nothing.

I followed him to a jet he had parked a couple blocks down, when my now friend Ophelia came up to me and told me not to get in. She dragged me away just as the plane took off and I saw the man and woman start crying as they looked back at me sad. I felt a little bad, but I didn't know who they were.

I didn't tell you or mom or anyone about this ever, because the next day, just as I was about to mom showed us photos of our dad. That same man. I don't know, I just feel bad for not going with him.

"Y'know?" Marcus finished, wiping a tear from his face. I hugged him. "I'm sure everything will be fine on Sunday." I said.

Just as Marcus was about to leave he looked back at me and smiled. "Thanks." He said, before closing the door.

I waved and flopped onto my bed, before falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey author here! Sorry for the short chapter, I know it's not the best but next chapter I'll show what the madrigals household was like during this day.

See you! :)