IX

"What?" I whispered. "Yeah! Isn't it great?" Monika exclaimed.

I felt something truly break inside of me, something I didn't even know I had. I used to think that I was scared of spiders or the darkness, and make fun of the people who said stuff like 'losing somebody I love' or 'becoming too attached.' But now I've turned into what I hated.

"What do you mean, dating my cousin?" I asked with tears forming in my eyes. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't see the problem?" She said, completely oblivious to what was going on.

"I-I thought you loved me..." I cried. Monika looked stunned at my statement. There was silence, with the only sound being the wind blowing my hair around. I stared at her, letting a tear roll down my cheek.

"Yeah, I loved you." She said, now getting angry with me. I hate when we fight. "You broke my heart when you were hanging out with Vincente, so I moved on."

"I don't like Vincente like that! I like you." I announced, yelling it out to all the animals around us.

"Why didn't you just say so?" She yelled, standing up and knitting her eyebrows together. I stood up too.

"I didn't know if you felt the same!" I yelled at her, crying more than ever.

"Well I did!" Monika yelled. "And I still do, deep down, but I'm with Mirabel."

"I don't want to be with her, I only was with her to get over you." She said, lowering her voice.

"I just need to think, okay?" She said, walking away and leaving me to sit there on my own.

I looked around in the forest, looking for anything that could help me. There was no helping this. Monika was with Mirabel, but she's unhappy?

————————————

I made my way back to casita to see Dolores comforting Mirabel. Right, she can hear everything.

Mirabel waved me to go over there. I gulped and slowly stepped over there.

"H-Hey Mirabel..." I said awkwardly, knowing she was probably mad at me.

"I'm not mad at you, don't worry, but I need help with breaking up with Monika." Mirabel said, shockingly not too mad about it. "I love Monika, but I can't be with somebody who doesn't love me."

"Just tell her it's over. I promise she won't care." I told Mirabel. She smiled at me and nodded. "I'll do it tomorrow." She said, determined.

Mirabel went upstairs and it was just Dolores and I. The silence was awkward, the only sound being the crickets and her squeaks.

"Okay I can't hold this in anymore!" She exclaimed, breaking the silence. "Vincente has a crush on you, but he's not saying anything so that your relationship with Monika isn't ruined!"

I looked at her, shocked and not fully convinced. "How do you know?" I asked, raising and eyebrow. "He was talking with one of his friends about it after you left."

I can't believe it. Vincente likes me? But what if it's a lie? I doubt it, why would Dolores even do such a thing? Do I even like Vincente?

"Well, Y/N, you should probably choose between Vincente and Monika by tomorrow." Dolores said quietly. "Why tomorrow?"

"Vincente was listening to your conversation with Monika at the clearing, and he's gonna ask you out tomorrow."

That night I flopped into bed and tried to decide who to choose. Monika is who I have loved my whole life, she's always been there. But she was completely rude about me and Vincente being friends. Vincente is nice and caring, but I've barely known him.

I made my decision.

~the next day~

I woke up and did my usual routine. Get up, brush hair, brush teeth, get dressed, eat, and go walk around town till you find something to do.

After I finished eating I got up and walked into town, where I was greeted with Vincente holding flowers. They were my favorite. "Y/N, will you be my girlfr-" He said, before Monika ran in with a bouquet of red roses. "I regret everything! Please let us start over and be mine!" She pleaded.

"I choose..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~hope u guys liked the chapter. Idk who I'm gonna even do if u guys don't decide then I'll just spin a wheel

Comment on whoever's name u want to choose lol

Vincente

Monika

Anyways, u guys have an amazing morning, night, or afternoon! <3