VII

"What's going on here?" Monika asked me, as if I knew anything. "I don't, I don't know." I said with wide eyes.

Mom was about to break a bottle on Marcus's head. I looked around and made the brave decision to go in front on Marcus. A piece of glass got into my skin and I was in immense pain before I passed out. The last thing I heard was "Y/N wait!" From Monika. After that, it was complete darkness and muffled speaking.

"Y/N?!" Monika yelled at me and I sat up. "Haha... hey?" I said nervous. I looked around to see Pepa, Bruno, and my mom fighting. There were people trying to stop then but it wasn't working. "What're they fighting about?" I asked Monika. "You've been passed out for the past hour and they're arguing about how your mother is a terrible person."

"Can't argue with that." I said, chuckling and getting up. I walked over and heard my mother arguing in Russian. "Mom, nobody understands a thing you're saying." Marcus told her. She screamed at him in Russian. "I'm gonna make sure she doesn't go back to Europe after the summer, this is getting annoying." I said to Monika. "Hey mom!" I said cheerfully, drenched in the rain that Pepa had caused. "

"What do you want?!" She asked in a heavy accent. "Why are you so mad at me?" I asked, a bit defensive. "Why am I mad at you?!" She repeated, sarcastically laughing. "You've ruined everything! When I got pregnant Bruno left me. When I gave birth, all 4 of you were such annoying kids. You wanna know why I left you?!" Mom asked slowly walking towards me. "Why?" Damien asked, joining the argument.

"Because you all ruined everything for me! I hate you all, and I wish I never came back to visit you." She said, scowling. "We ruined your life?!" Marcus asked, laughing. "You left us to die when we were THREE." He said, raising his voice.

"I wish you died." She remarked, crossing her arms.

"I take back every hug or any affection I gave you for the first three years on my life," I said, causing my mother to raise her eyebrow. "Even though I meant it, I regret ever trusting you."

I saw something break inside of my mother, but she'd never swallow her pride and show it. There was silence for a few moments and my mother looked at me, her face scrunched up.

"I am your mother! You must respect me!" She yelled. I'm guessing that's all she could come up with. "Aren't you the one who said, respect is earned not given?" Damien asked. I looked over at Dominik who was too timid to even speak up.

"You're not even our mother, the only thing you ever did for us was give birth." Marcus yelled. "Yeah! I brought you into this world and I can take you right out." My mother said, pointing her finger in our face.

"Do it then. It's not like you haven't already tried." I yelled at her. She kept quiet.

The Madrigals were just looking back and forth from us both. Dominik was now trying to hold in laughter. I could see cracks forming in the floor.

My mother raised her hand and slapped us all across the face.

We all stared at her, not too shocked since she always has to make something physical in order to get her point across.

The cracks began breaking the house.

"I guess I taught you well." My mother said with a smirk on her face. "Mood swings, as usual." Damien said under his breath.

The cracks began fixing itself since we weren't arguing anymore.

"Wait. How do you guys go from arguing to being friends immediately?" Mirabel asked, blinking rapidly. We all shrugged, and Monika touched my shoulder. Dolores and Isabela smiled at each other and I was confused at why, but turned to look at Monika.

My mom walked away and began getting lectured abuela. My brothers and I smiled and just as Dominik was about to start talking, Bruno walked up to us. Marcus began sweating, but forced an awkward smile.

"H-hi..." The man stuttered out. "Hello." Damien said, looking around. Monika gave me a thumbs up and walked to a different area of the house.

"I'm.. Bruno." The man said pushing his long hair back. "B-but call me dad, if you want to that is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HEY OKAY THE LAST PART WASNT MEANT TO SOUND THAT SUS BUT YEAH

Reminder to vote and comment :>