VI

I got off the plane and began walking into the town, to all the townspeople whispering the moment we all walked through. I was confused at least, until an elderly woman walked up to us. "Hello! Are you all Marcus, Damien, Dominik, and Y/N?"

"Uh, yeah." Marcus said, overheating in his sweater. "Perfect, right this way then!" The woman said as she led us to a large house. I looked back behind me at Monika and Ruben talking. Ruben gave me a sad face and Monika rolled her eyes. I looked down and sighed, before following my brothers into the house.

"Tomorrow will be your gift ceremonies. Until then, you can stay in the nursery." The woman said. "Who are you?" Dominik asked. "Oh, you can call me Abuela." The woman said, smiling.

We all looked at each other and shrugged. "Bruno isn't here at the moment, but Pepa can show you around town." A woman in a yellow dress, just as Marcus had described her, came out of the kitchen. I could see Marcus trembling a little while he shook her hand, but sucked it up.

Marcus has had this weird thing where random music starts playing in his head, wether or not he's heard it. Its a bit scary to hear him when he explains it in full detail, and that it keeps him up at night, but he says he's fine. He hates it, but he's used to it since it has been going on for awhile.

"Hello.." Damien said nervous. All of us were nervous.

"Now come on, let me show you the town!" Pepa said, taking our hands and pulling us around. "So this is the church this is the marketplace, and here is.." Pepa began and I stopped listening.  I looked around and observed the colorful, lit up town. I saw Vincente waving at me and I parted from the group over to him.

"Hey!" He said with a smile. "Hi...." I said, less happy remembering what's going on with Monika. "Hey what's wrong?" Vincente asked dropping his smile. "I'll tell you, now what about that white dress?"

We walked in and his mother was asleep on the couch. I began going into a trance from looking at a vase that was weirdly familiar. "My room is this way, come on." Vincente said, snapping me out of it. I muttered something, I don't really know, but I followed him up to his room. It was beautiful. It was a room with plants all over it and a record player. I began looking around at his stuff while he went to his closet and got the dress. "Here it is!" He said, pulling out a sleeveless white dress that had a golden belt with light lavender flower designs.

"Wow." I whispered, admiring it. "How much was that?" "I got it on a trip to Maine. My family goes in trips to the states every year. It was 100 usd." Vincente said, laughing. "100 dollars?!" I yelled. "Yeah, I don't mind you having it though." Vincente uttered.

"Now try it on!" He demanded, throwing it at me. I changed into it and put my cloak over it. I looked at myself in the mirror, shocked at how amazing I looked. I mean, I look amazing every day, but this just tops it off.

"I look amazing." I said, waltzing out of the closet into his room. He looked at me in the dress and smiled. "Yes you do!" He replied. "Anyways, what was it that you was bothering you earlier?" Vincente asked, concerned.

"Yeah so, basically my best friend aka my crush hopped a ride on the little drawer that's above your head in the airplane and she has a crush on me too I think and so she was mad at me because she thought you were flirting with me..." I said really fast, motioning my hands with my words. He blinked a bit and scratched his neck.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Maybe you should try inviting her over for dinner with your family." Vincente suggested. "Why would I do that?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. "Because, then you guys could write notes on the napkins and if tensions rise you could sneak out together and then ask her out at this place." Vincente said, handing me a map of where to go.

"Oh uh, thanks. Speaking of dinner, what time even is it?" I asked taking the map. "5:52. You better start running." Vincente said, grabbing me my bag and walking me out to the door. "Bye, and goodluck." Vincente said smiling, while shutting the door. I waved back at him and went to find Monika.

I found her soon, talking to Ruben. "Monika, we need to talk." I said, running up to her. Ruben sneaked off into a nearby bush. She looked other way and sighed. "Come on, you should have dinner with us. I'll tell you on the way." I said, taking her hand.

"Hey, I'm really sorry. Vincente and I are just friends and always will be." I told her as we started walking. "Yeah? It didn't seem like that?" She yelled back at me. "I swear on my life." I told her, holding up my pinky. "Your life, huh?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. I hesitated for a second. "Yeah." Our pinky's locked and we talked the whole way home.

We soon got to the house where I pushed the door open. "Hey Marcus, Monika's staying for dinner..." I said, before I saw a giant cloud, and man trying to calm down Pepa, another man arguing with abuela, Bruno crying in the corner, Dolores covering her ears, Camilo trying to help Dolores, Mirabel trying not to laugh, Luisa looking at everyone, Isabela sneaking off, Antonio trying to get all the animals out,  and my mother holding a beer bottle above Marcus's head.

Marcus blinked in Morse code.

.... . .-.. .--. (Help)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hey hope u guys like this so far I was really tired while making this but I hope you still enjoyed it. I might not be able to update daily tho but I'll try

Reminder to vote and comment