IV

The next morning, I woke up to hear yelling from outside my window. I looked out and shocker, my mom blowing up at the lawn guy for being too loud at 7 in the morning. Everyone else got up, made breakfast, and split up to hang out with our friends.

"Monika! Ruben!" I yelled while crossing the streets and the scent of coffee and gas filled my lungs. "Oh, hey Y/N." Monika said, and I started slightly blushing. "Hey!" Ruben said, smiling. Ruben knows that I'm in love with Monika, but he doesn't dare to tell her or anyone else.

"So, I may or may not have gone and eavesdropped on your conversation with your mom and went to the town she was talking about and met your dad..." Ruben announced. "What." I said, blankly staring at him. Monika laughed, and Ruben sighed. "Him and his family seem like good people." Ruben said, eating an apple. "Bro, why do you like apples so much?" Monika asked him, while we started walking. "They taste good." He said. "Okay but wait. How did you even get to Encanto? The next flight there on an airline is on Sunday." I finally asked him.

"I took the jet that the Walter's don't use, to fly to Encanto. It's a pretty small town to be honest. I already bought a house there for like 5 bucks, so me and Monika can live there if you end up moving." Ruben told me. "5 bucks?!" Monika exclaimed, smiling. "Now I want to go there."

"Well, it looks to me that you and your brothers will also be getting gifts since you're technically apart of the family." Ruben told me, and I spit out the water I was drinking. "Wow, what do you think I'm going to get as a power?" I asked, actually kind of curious to what they think.

"I really don't know." Monika told me. "But I'm sure it'll be amazing." With that, I started blushing even more. "Haha, thanks!" I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Have you packed yet?" Ruben asked, breaking the awkward silence. "Oh shoot! I haven't! My flight leaves in a day too!" I panicked. "Don't worry, we can help you." Monika said, her voice being so soothing. "Okay, okay, okay, okay! Let's go!" Ruben said, turning us around in the direction of my house. "After this, let's get ice cream. Just like we did when we first met." Monika said, opening the house doors.

My mom looked over at me and my friends, before a smile spread on her face. "Monika? Ruben? You both look so different!" My mother exclaimed, unknowingly in a weird accent. "Thank you, ma'am." Ruben said, awkwardly smiling. "Well, you all have fun! I want you guys to make the most of the last time you all have together for the rest of the summer!" My mother said, waving and walking back to whatever she was doing before this.

"Wow. That was interesting." I spoke. "Okay, come on let's go!" I finished, taking both of their hands and dragging them up to my room. "What do we need to pack?" Ruben asked, scratching his head. "These 4 backpacks are for clothes. The rest are just for anything I might need." I stated, pointing to the backpacks. "Alright sure, let's get started." Monika said, rolling up her sleeves.

Packing didn't take too long, and before we knew it, we were already done under an hour. "Well, that was amazing." Ruben said, wiping sweat off his face. "Let's go get the ice-cream at sunset and get happy meals and a cake from 7/11 at night." Monika planned, looking up at the sky that was now turning red.

"Y/N, what toy do you want in your happy meal?" Ruben asked in the drive thru. "I'll take the red one." I said, eating the cake in the back seat with Monika. "Alright, one red one, one pink, and one green." Ruben said, before saying some other things and driving away with our happy meals. "I didn't pay, gave them a fake credit card and drove off. You better enjoy these." He whispered, handing them to us while he opened his own.

After some consideration, we decided to eat on the curb while cars passed us under the streetlight. "Hi, are you Y/N?" A girl wearing a lavender/pink dress with long black hair asked me. "Do you know her, Y/N?" Monika asked, furrowing her eyebrows in concern. "N-no." I said, backing up behind Monika. Ruben said there, drinking his soda while listening to the drama.

4 other people walked up behind the girl. A boy with curly, fluffy hair wearing a yellow ruana. A girl with a bun and red bow, wearing a beautiful long dress. A tall muscular girl with a sailor outfit and beautiful brown hair in a pony tail. And a girl with curly short hair, green glasses, and a colorful dress with tons of different designs on it.

"We wanted to meet you and give you some warnings before you joined the family." The girl with long black hair said, dirt staining the bottom of her flower dress without her even knowing.

"Oh yeah I saw you guys." Ruben said, taking another slice of cake. "What?" The boy asked, clearly disturbed. "I was at your house yesterday." Ruben said, his mouth full.

The kids blankly stared at him and Ruben was confused at what was going on. "Okay anyways, I'm Ruben and that's Monika." Ruben introduced, breaking the tension.

"Camilo." The boy said, ruffling his hair. "Mirabel!" "Isabela." "Dolores." "Luisa." All of them introduced, going down the line in height order. We all gave each other a look, and in the sign language we made up when we were, like, 7, Monika said, "Do we trust them?" "I don't know..." Ruben replied with a slightly sad face. "I say we trust them, if they're not who we think they are I have a gun." Monika said, and we all agreed with Monika's plan.

"So, what do you want to know?"