VIII

SHORT CHAPTER WARNING <33333
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nice to meet you, dad." Damien said, hesitating before calling him dad.

"Why did you leave my mom?" Marcus asked, raising an eyebrow. The whole room went silent, and everyone stared at him. "I only wanted the best for you." Bruno said, tearing up. "I wasn't ready to be a father, and I didn't think that I could give you what you fully deserved. It is my fault, and I'm sorry."

I felt kind of bad. Dolores had already told me all about this guy's history with the family. All about how he left to protect everyone and hid in the walls for 10+ years and stuff.

I felt kind of bad for him, I mean he has gone through all that and it took 10 years for his family to realize how messed up he is.

"I-I know I might've caused trauma, o-or made it impossible for you to grow up with a father figure," Bruno said, now fully crying. "But I promise I will make up for the lost time. I swear."

I looked at my brothers, and for a cold-hearted guy, Damien had a sympathetic face on.

"I wish I could go back in time, and I regret my decision, but I hope that in some way we can start over."

"It's in the past, it doesn't matter anymore." I said calmly. The man smiled, very happily. I looked over at Monika, who was with, Ruben? Ruben gave me a look, the look he gives if he wants an apple. I scowled but did as I was told. I then blinked in morse code, saying "5 apples" He got the memo, and aloud he said, "I'll forgive you, if you get me 5 apples."

"Uh, sure?" Bruno- I mean, Dad replied, a bit confused. They all trailed into their own conversations about apples and Marcus creating weird alibis for it. It all faded as I walked over to Monika and Ruben.

"Glad that's over, want to go grab ice-cream?" I asked, smiling. "How could I say no to that one?" Monika said, smirking. Ruben looked at me, and with his face said, "You need to tell her." I nodded back at him. "Hey, actually, I can't! It's my go on the chores. You two have fun though!" Ruben called to us, as he ran away.

"Oh well, come on let's go!" Monika said, taking my hands and dragging us to the ice-cream stand. I felt my cheeks burn but ignored it and kept following her.

We got there, and the man smiled. "Welcome! What ice cream might I get for you?" He asked very peppy. "I'll take a chocolate." I said after hesitation. "Yeah, make that two." Monika said in a calm voice.

The man handed us our ice-creams and waved while we walked away. "Hey, follow me." I told her, grabbing her hand that didn't have ice-cream in it. I remembered Vincente's idea of where I could ask her out.

After a bit of running, we found it. A beautiful clearing that had a pond with multiple waterfalls running into it. Moths fluttered around everywhere, and the grass was wet.

We sat down and I gulped.

"I need to tell you something." We both said at the same time. "Y-you go first." I told her.

"Okay, I'm dating Mirabel Madrigal." She said, and my heart skipped a beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey so what do u think of todays chapter. BTW MIRABEL DOESNT KNOW U LIKE MONIKA

I have no clue what to do with the story and I don't want to make it discontinued, so if u have any ideas pls tell me

REMINDER TO VOTE AND COMMENT