Chapter-26

Jihyo's P.O.V

Life is full of tragedies and unexpected events

Life is full of tragedies and unexpected events. The way I thought it would be, it turned out different. The feeling I used to think like, turned into love. But I regret why haven't I realized earlier.

'But what do you think? Would she love you back? No, Jihyo...She never thought you like that way.' my mind butted in and I sighed.

"Miss, your order." The waiter placed my Americano on the table and went away. I looked at the watch, it was already 10 pm.

'I should go back to my house.' I thought myself as took my coffee and went out.

It's colder in Busan than in Seoul. I am glad that Dad bought a house here. It's been more than 2 months, I stopped going to college and hiding. I talked to Uncle to give me leave for three months and luckily he agreed. But I am doing online classes with the teacher. That's what I like about my college, anyone can have the classes online.

I am walking on the footpath, sipping my coffee while thinking about what should I do next.

'You can't run always. You need to move on. You need to face her, talk to her. She is first your best friend.' my mind tried to convince me and it's all true.

'Jihyo, you need to forget about your feelings and face the truth. You can't-'

My thoughts interrupted while I felt a huge push from my behind as I fell on the ground, spilling all the Americano on the street.

"What the fuck-" a person fell over me, smelling like shitty alcohol.

I was about to push him away but he already slept, resting his head on my stomach. His face was hidden behind his messy hair, I brushed them away and the boy surprisingly turned handsome. He is dressed up decently, not seems pervert or something.

'But was he crying?' I traced the tear stains with my fingertips, didn't realize how long I was sitting on the road, staring at him. What would be the reason for his tears?

"Mam? Are you okay? Do you need any help?" I heard a voice beside me, which brought me back to reality.

Thank God! A policeman..."Umm...My boyfriend is kinda drunk and I need to take him home. But he is too much heavy to carry and I didn't buy a car."

"Ok, Miss...I will help you. But warn him about overdrinking. Otherwise next time I will file a report against him." The police strictly said and I nodded.

'Pff! Good job! You fooled a police officer!  But I am taking a stranger to my house. If he turns out serial killer or a cold-blooded murderer? Ugh!! It's too late now!! ' I thought myself as facepalmed.

.....................

The sunray poking my eyes and the birds are chirping. I rubbed my sleepy eyes while feeling a weight on my legs.

I looked at my legs and my soul about to come through my mouth.

He is hugging my legs, only in his shorts! When did he take off his dress? How did I end up sleeping on the same bed? Wait! Btw what is he doing down beside my legs? Aish!!!

I was about to sleep in the guest room. Umm...Think Jihyo! Think!

Flashback

"God! This man is too heavy!! My bones may be cracked on the way." I said as to push him on the bed while panting hard...

Shit! Why do I bring him to my room? He should be in the guest room!! Ok, no problem. I will sleep there.

I was about to leave but felt someone hold my hand.

"Don't go. Ple-Please..." He said with his cracked voice. His eyes were teary and there were piercing into me.

I sighed as sat down beside him and he rested his head on my lap. I felt blood rush on my face!! Ahh! Embarrassing!!

"I a-am so ti-tired. I wa-want to sleep~" he said drunkenly as took my hand and placed it on his head.

"Pat! Pat!" He motioned me to pat him and I smiled unconsciously. Wait! What? Why am I smiling?

Present Time

Umm...ok. Then maybe I fall asleep beside him. I looked at him, he is sleeping peacefully hugging my legs.

'He is looking cute and his lips are- What the fuck! What are you thinking Jihyo!!' I mentally slapped myself as tried to take off my legs but he tighten his grip.

Aish!! What is his problem!

"Mister! Wake up!" I screamed and he immediately woke up, looking at me with his big eyes then at him.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!! You raped me!!!!" He screamed back as covered himself with his hands.

" What? Are you serious? You are the one who causes me too much trouble and now blaming me!! You naked yourself!" I screamed at him and his face turned red.

"Umm... oh! I can't sleep in clothes. That's why maybe. But who are you? What I am here? Ugh! My head is also aching! " He said as cupped his head and I immediately handed him water and a painkiller.

He looked at me softly and drank his medicine.

"Thank you," he said as handed me the water bottle and out on his shirt, beside him.

"Let me clear all matter now. Last night you were super drunk and fell over me. A policeman helped me to take you to my home cuz I told him you are my boyfriend and he warned you to not drink out of tolerance. It was a messy situation then so I brought you to my house. Now I hope you understood." I said and he nodded.

He looked down at his intertwined hands and said, "I am so sorry. I am usele-useless. I can't do anything pro-property." He said with his crake tone, looked at me with his teary eyes but wiped them off immediately.

I sighed as sat beside him, he was looking down like a lost kid and I patted his head.

"Kid, what's the matter? You can share with me." I said in an old man tone and he chuckled a bit and looked at me.

"Yesterday was my wife's first death anniversary. I lost her because of me. I was drunk while driving and she forbade me to not drive in that state but I was so desperate to show her, I am sober enough but we met an accident and I lost her. Yesterday I wanted to die for the same reason but you saved me. Wh-Why? Yo-You, save me! I wa-want to die!" He said the last few lines between his sob while burying his face into palms and I felt pity for him.

I hugged him and said, "Listen, nothing is in our hand and that accident was in her destiny. I know that it's hard but you have to forget the incident like a worse nightmare. And Life gives us a second option. Try to move on."

I pulled back from the hug and he wiped his tears while nodding. He is looking so vulnerable...

Our tummy's growled in unison and we laughed.

"I am making breakfast for us. You go and freshen up." I was about to go but he hold my hand.

"Btw What is your name?"

"I am Park Jihyo. And you?"

"I am Kang Daniel. Thank you for saving my life."

"Welcome. Now go! You are stinking!!" I said as pulled him into the bathroom while he was laughing.

I felt my heart beating fast and the emptiness of my heart fading away. Who is he? Am I started liking him?