Part 9.

I woke up from a sound outside my room. I was so tired I hadn´t even noticed Damon and Caroline were walking in and out of my room. ´Good morning sunshine.´ Damon said while handing me a blood bag. ´Thanks.´I mumbled, my voice thick of sleep. I quickly drank the blood and threw the bag away. I already felt much more awake and stumbled out of bed. I wasn´t exactly a morning person, even as a vampire I had trouble waking up. When I looked around me I saw that the small wardrobe filled with some of my clothes was empty. ´I don´t mean to be rude or something, but what are you guys doing?' 'Well, we are moving you to your old/new house.' Caroline said barging in with an over packed beauty case. 'Umm what's that?' 'What does is looks like? We're getting rid of your ridiculous blonde hair. Now Stefan knows you're back you don't have to walk around pretending to be someone else.' I thought about that for a moment. 'But what about Bonnie and Matt?' Caroline seemed to realize something and sat down on the bed. 'Yeah about Bonnie. I haven't talked to her in 10 years. After you left, we didn't talk that much like we used to, but we talked. But now, she doesn't come into town anymore and she doesn't want to talk to me, so you shouldn't worry about her. Besides she's old.' 'Yeah I always wondered why she didn't use her ju-ju to keep her from aging. I've known a bunch of witches who did that.' Damon said smirking at us.

'Bonnie doesn't want to interfere with nature or something. But maybe if she had a good talk with Elena..' Her tone suggestive and she winked at me. I realized what Caroline was expecting me to do, but I knew right away that wasn´t going to work. Caroline may have forgiven me really quick but Bonnie certainly wouldn’t. She would hold a grudge against me for the rest of her life.

'No way, she hates me for becoming a vampire, I'd be surprised if she even wanted to talk to me.' 'Well you should try tough. Then we can start our little freak club and meet every week and talk about our problems. No old people allowed.' Damon said. 'And how I love to chit chat all day with you ladies and how I love the sight of you in your pajamas Elena, we really have to go if Elena wants to have a deep meaningful conversation with my little brother.' Suddenly I started to feel really nervous and looked at Caroline for some support, she noticed right away and sent Damon ahead. 'Okay, I'll get your house ready, but don't expect a house warming party or something.' He rolled his eyes, but I could see he didn't mind at all, he was glad he could get away from all the girly stuff. 'Thank you.' I smiled at him and he rushed away. Caroline clapped her hands. 'Okay, let's get the real Elena back.'

After 2 hours, Caroline was finally finished with me. She picked out the perfect outfit for me and got rid of my blonde hair. I was afraid to look in the mirror, scared it would tear all my wounds open again just when I started to feel a little bit better about staying here. I bit my lip staring at my manicured hands, all to keep Caroline happy. 'Don't worry Elena, he's not gonna bite you or something.' 'That's not it, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be the old Elena again..' 'Who said you have to be the old Elena? Hair color isn't everything you know. Come one, what happened to the confident Elena, you're stronger than you were before you left. You can handle everything and if not, you've got me and Damon. Matt's door will be open too and Bonnie well.. she'll come around once you've spoken to her.' 'I wouldn't know what to do without you Care.' 'Yeah, I've heard that before.' She smiled and dragged me away from the motel, thank god I hated it.

I stood still in front of the door, I didn't want to go inside just yet, I had to get used to the idea there was no one waiting for me inside. No Jenna, no Ric and not even Jeremy. I swallowed the lump down my throat, my throat felt sore and dry and I was sure I wasn’t able to choke out a normal sentence in front of Stefan. Caroline left to give me some time to get used to the idea, she said she would see me tonight after 'the talk'. I felt a gust of wind behind me and before I knew it someone grabbed my hand. 'Relax, you're not alone Elena.' Damon said, showing his soft side again. I squeezed his hand and let it go. I took a deep breath even though I didn't need it. 'By the way, love the new hair color.' I rolled my eyes and stepped inside, no need to be invited in because this house was no one's property anymore. 'It looks nice Damon, thank you.' I didn't want to look around the house with Damon being here because I knew I was going to collapse. 'Don't you want to look around?' I shook my head. 'No, later.. I really need to see Stefan now. I just have to get it over with so I can relax again.' 'I'll take you, come on. Let's do a little race, or have you forgotten where we live?' I punched his arms. 'Shut up, that's not funny. You forced me to go there already, remember?' 'Too soon?' He asked, raising his eyebrows. 'Too soon.' I nodded and that was my signal, I started running at vampire speed, enjoying the wind messing with my hair.

'Cheater!' Damon screamed and I heard him running behind me. Well of course, before I reached the boarding house he was already waiting on the porch for me. 'Jeez you're so slow Elena, you really need to work on that. I thought I was going to die of old age here.' He sighed. 'Thanks grandma, stop whining.' He opened the door for me and for a moment I hadn't even realized whose house I was entering, I stiffened up when I heard a girl's voice. Damon looked at me with worry filled eyes so I turned away my head. 'I'll go get him.' But Stefan already came down the stairs with a girl behind him. He froze for a moment when he laid his eyes on me but composed himself right away. The girl was looking at me with surprised eyes and I was giving her a mean glare, jealousy taking over me. 'I'll see you tomorrow.' Stefan said smiling at her, ignoring me and Damon. It looked like he wanted to give her a kiss but he backed away and waved after her. I heard him take a deep breath and then he turned around facing us. 'Well, guess you're not here to show us your photo album? Let's talk.' 'I'll leave you two love birds alone then.' Damon said, winking at Stefan but before he left he whispered something in my ear, so soft Stefan would never be able to hear it. 'When you first talked to him, it was epic. Make it epic again, I believe in you.'