THREE. there's something in the water

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

2013, KUNDRAKOVA FOREST

         ━━ THE FOURTEENTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE NOVI GRAD bombings had arrived. The 21-year-old woman, in a search for nostalgia, decided to return to her home country. She had been traveling the world, searching far and wide for Wanda.

So, she decided to go back to the place where it all started.

With her hands in the pockets of her white hoodie, she strolled into Kundrakova Forest. Kundrakova Forest was the place that Pietro and Malia loved, much to Wanda's dismay. There was always the threat of snakes, something that the now 24-year-old woman had a deathly fear of.

Malia hadn't forgotten this. She watched her steps carefully to avoid unnecessary snake bites.

Looking up, she saw the same building that Wanda had warned her and Pietro about so many years ago. This prompted Malia to keep walking. She continued her trek towards the limestone fortress.

She hid behind a tree after noticing guards that protected a large fence. She didn't understand why they'd need to protect the base, but she wasn't going to tempt them. As she turned away, a large explosion sounded behind her.

Malia quickly looked up towards the base and saw a golden light rushing towards her. She made a dash for it, frantically speeding away from the quickly-approaching light.

Although she was fast, the blast was faster. It hit her, the energy enveloping her body. Malia fell to the ground, landing on her stomach. A blinding headache quickly struck her, knocking all of the breath out of her.

For a split second, Malia saw a silhouette of a woman with her arms wide open, almost as if she was causing this. Before she could process everything properly, her headache subsided, and the vision faded away.

Staggering, she sat up, blinking rapidly. The shadows around her were an amber-colored yellow that faded away over ten seconds.

She continued to explore the woods around her, trying to find any other peculiar things around her. "What the fuck..." Malia muttered as she used the branch of a tree to hoist herself off of the ground.

Looking at her hands, she noticed that her veins had a faint glitter added to them. This should've sent her into a panic, but she managed to stay calm. She had watched enough episodes of Bewitched and I Dream Of Jeanie to know what this meant.