Chapter 6

edited

Ruby's POV

A/N I realized that I was using said/says/say so much and it was getting really repetitive so I'm using more than just those words now lol

I'm waiting outside of school for jeaden when I hear a voice call my name.

"Hey, ruby." I turn to see max walking up to me.

" Hey max, did you get your history test results?" I ask.

"Yeah, look I got a c+!" He grinned.

" Max! I'm so proud of you." I shout giving him a hug.

" Come on let's go and get some food I'm starving," he complained pulling me with him.

"Max I'm actually gonna wait here for someone. "

"What, Who? You don't have friends?" He questioned.

" Shut up, I have an English assignment and it's with a partner. We're were gonna meet up at the sub shop, but I think I should just wait here for him. But you go on ahead I'll see you later okay."  I say walking back into the school.

"O-okay. See you later." He mumbles walking away.

I stand by the lockers waiting for jeaden. Gosh, I hope he didn't leave alrea-

"ruby hey!" Someone interrupts my thoughts.

" Jeaden hi," I say walking towards the boy coming down the stairs.

"What are you doing here I thought that we were supposed to meet up at the sub shop?" he asked.

" Oh, I was waiting for you," I say as we both walk out of the school.

"You didn't need to do that." he smiled as we continue our walk to the sub shop.

"It's fine I mean we're going to the same place anyways so there's no harm in waiting."

We reach the sub shop and walk in.

"Hey ruby who's your friend?" Mr Russo asked.

"Hey Mr Russo this is jeaden he's my partner for an assignment, jeaden this is Mr Russo he owns the sub shop," I said smiling.

"Nice to meet you Mr Russo." jeaden chimed. 

"Nice to meet you too young man." Mr Russo replied as he was handing people their orders.

Me and jeaden entered the sub cart wall to a table.

" Do you want anything to eat? If Mrs Russo Is working she'll give me free sandwiches". I grinned.

"Sure," he said sitting down.

"Okay wait here." I walk up to the counter.

" Hi Mrs Russo! Hello ruby how are you?" she asked.

"I'm good, can I get two tuna subs, 1 tray of fries, and 2 root beers?" I ask. Sure!

" Okay that'll be 6 dollars! she says ringing up my order.

"Don't tell Jerry I gave you the sandwiches for free." she chuckles.

"I would never." Dramatically gasp.

" Okay go take a seat your order will be ready soon dear."

I walk back to our table in the sub-cart.

"I hope you don't mind tuna and root beer," I say sitting down in front of jeaden.

"Tuna and root beer sound great."

" Okay until our food gets here let's start on our stories." I take out my laptop and he does the same.