Chapter 7

edited

Max's POV

"Hey, mom we're leaving!" Justin yells from the door.

" Okay kids, have a nice day! " Mom yells back.

"So did ruby text you back last night," Justin, asked as we exited the sub shop.

"Yeah, she called, me she said she forgot because she lost track of time," I sigh.

"See I told you it's nothing,' he said ruffling my hair.

"Yeah but that's not any better, she forgot about me, her best friend," I huffed.

"So that's who you were jealous about yesterday! " Harper yells walking behind us.

My eyes widen, "harper!" I hiss shooting her a glare.

Alex then chimes in, "oh my god max do you like ruby?!"

"What no, pfft that would be ridiculous," I say as we walk into the school.

Then she and harper start squealing like little girls. "Max has a crush, max has a crush max has a-"

"Okay okay, maybe I like her a little bit," I blush getting my books out of my locker,

"but it doesn't matter she likes that jeaden guy," I frown closing the locker.

"What no, yesterday we told her that he was into her but she completely shut us down" harper adds.

"GUYS, GUYS GUYS," ruby called running towards us.

" You'll never guess what happened last night," she giggled.

"You turned your brother into a fly again?" I ask.

" Oh, you have to teach me that," Alex chimes in.

" No, no you won't teach her that," Justin adds.

" Guys! " Ruby shouts.

"Right, what happened," I ask wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

" Jeaden asked me to go to homecoming with him," she squealed jumping up and down.

"ohhhhh," Harper, Alex, and Justin wince.

"What why aren't you guys happy jumping with me," she stops jumping.

"Uh-uh, we were in our minds," I fake laugh taking my arm off her shoulder. "Um, I gotta get to class, see you guys." later I walk away from them.

Ruby's POV

"What's his problem," I look at the group.

"Wha- he- its jus-" they all start at the same time. They stop and stare.

"He's just upset.." Alex starts. "because this girl he liked didn't like him ba- ow" Alex slaps Justin as he's speaking.

"Wait, max has a crush," I say with a stinging feeling in my chest.

"Well bye ruby!" they say as they run away. What was that all about I think to myself.

-----------

"Okay kids please pass in your short stories," my English teacher tells us. I take out the short story which I had printed earlier this morning. " Thank you," the teacher says as we pass in the homework. "You'll get your grades after the weekend, now on with today's lesson..."

I walk out of class and see jeaden waiting for me. "Hey jeaden," I walk over to him. "Hi, ruby," he and puts his arm around me, "So are you ready for homecoming tomorrow?"