Chapter 12

edited

Ruby's pov

After cleaning up the mascara from crying off my face I continued with my day.

" hey ruby," Justin says as I walk out of my last class.

" Hey, how was your alien language league meeting," I ask as we start walking.

" it was good, today we-" he started to babble on about whatever happened, and in all honestly I zoned out on the whole conversation.

" and that's how we ended up like that." He finished as we reach the substation." omg, really that's so coool." I say opening the door." you didn't hear a single word I said did you?" He laughs sitting on a stool." nope."

" so how's the whole max situation going." He sighs pulling out his homework.

" horrible, earlier today max told me that he felt as if he were losing feelings for dia, and then I went to the bathroom and saw dia and she told me the same thing and asked me for advice and I wanted to give her bad advice so badly but I couldn't." I frown laying my head on the counter.

" Hey, I know it seems tough but don't, worry he'll come around I promise." He said patting my back.

"I hope so. Anyways I'm gonna head upstairs and see if max is busy." I stand up and walk up the spiral staircase.

Walking into the living room I see max and dia sitting on the couch playing cod.

" hey, guys" I smile sitting down on the single-seater couch. " oh hey ruby". Max said looking over at me." look I'm teaching dia how to play call of duty. And she's really good at it." He beamed." oh that's good, I suck at this game so now max actually has some real competition." I laugh.

" Oh, shit max my mom texted me she wants me home now, bye see you later. Bye ruby" she smiled walking out the door.

" so I'm guessing things are going better right now," I say grabbing some popcorn from a bowl on the coffee table.

" I don't know." He huffs. 

" what do you mean, isn't it better she's doing some things that you like, wasn't that the problem," I say confused.

" no, I don't think it was the problem. I did like her at first, but now I don't feel that way about her." He sighed rubbing his face.

" so then what. Are you gonna break up with her?" I ask." I think I am, I'll tell her tomorrow." He said handing me a controller." Can we play something else I suck at gun games?" I say grabbing the controller from his hands.

" you suck at almost everything, except fighting games and Mario cart." He teases." shut up," I growl.

* time skip to the next day*

I groan getting out of bed, it's a weekend but I still had to get up early because we're all going to an amusement park today and Justin wanted to go early because he had some alien language league thing later on.

I get changed into black cargo pants and an attack on titan T-shirt. ( or you can picture something else )

" ma I'm leaving," I say as I tie the shoelaces on my converse.

" Okay make sure you have your phone!" She yells.

" Okay bye," I shout back as i make sure my phone is in my pocket.

I reach the substation and see max and dia inside. As I open the door I hear the conversation they're having.

" max i don't get it, did I do something wrong?" Dia questioned." what no, no you didn't do anything wrong I just don't feel the same way. I'm sorry" he frowned.

" It's her, isn't it? She's the reason." She frowns turning around eyes landing on me. She smiles and walks out the door." I'm guessing you ended it." I say walking up to him." yeah, I feel bad though." He sighs.

" by the way, what did she mean when she said, "it's her" who was she talking about? I ask.

"oh, it's nothing." He brushes it off.

" Alright, who's ready to ride some roller coasters!" Zeke yells walking down the stairs with Alex harper and Justin.

" Hi, six passes please," Justin says at the booth handing the worker the money.

" alright here are your wristbands just show them at the gate have a nice day." She smiles

We walk through the gate and the best smell hits me. Me and max turn to each other. " funnel cakes!" We both cheer.

" guys you shouldn't eat before going on the rides you'll vomit," Justin yells as we both run to the funnel cake booth.

" we'll wait before going on the rides, you guys can go ahead we'll meet you later," I shout and they walk away.

" Hi, can I get two funnel cakes please?" I hear max say to the employee. " that'll be $20." 

Max hands her the money and we wait at the end for our food.

Once we get our funnel cakes we sit down at a picnic table near the stall.

"so are you gonna tell me what dia meant by ' it's her isn't it ' or are you gonna brush it off again ?" I ask." she thinks that I broke up with her because we have a thing for each other" he scoffs." pfft ha, that, that's ridiculous." I laugh.

Max's POV

"Pfft ha, that, that's ridiculous." She laughs nervously. I've been on to her for a while now. I mean she's my best friend, yeah it took me a while to realize but at least I realized it.

" so, what about your love life, anything new any crushes" i smirk." y-yeah there is this boy, b-but! You don't know him." She stuttered out." Mhm, well what's his name what's he like." I ask.

" um his name is... j-jorden. Yep Jordan a-adams." She nods trying to convince me." he has brown hair, and he's really sweet, and...." I listen to her babble on about " Jorden adams"

" wow, he sounds interesting," I say picking up our empty plates and throwing them out."So what ride do you wanna go on first?" I ask." death rider!" She screams pulling me towards the ride.

we're in the line for the ride when someone taps ruby's shoulder " excuse me, you dropped this." A guy around my height says to ruby handing her a piece of paper.

" um, that's not mine sorry." She laughs.

" Okay I was trying to be smooth, it's my number." The guy said nervously handing it back to her again. But before she could grab it I did. " sorry man, she's not interested."

" says who." He asked." her boyfriend," I say wrapping my arm around her neck." alright chill sorry man." He says stepping out of the line.

Ruby's pov

Huh.

My face is definitely flaming red. Why did he do that? " boyfriend?" I ask nervously after the guy left. He looks at me and smirks. " why are you so red? do you want me to be your boyfriend?" he laughs

" What no! I'm just trying to figure out why you said that. Are you jealous or something?" I tease" no, I'm just trying to save you from some weird creep." He scoffs." yeah, whatever," I say not bothering to remove his arm from my shoulder.

End of chapter