Chapter 1: Little Discoveries

Peter's POV:

"Peter? Honey, you look flushed is everything alright?" May said, observing my silence since her last remark.

I like Y/N.

How did I not realize it before? I don't talk to many people, let alone girls. It's always been kinda hard for me to open up to anyone. But with Y/N it was just...easy. It felt effortless to talk with her.

I guess that doesn't say much since we met in the middle of a battle, but still.

"You just realized, didn't you?" May whispered with a smile. I broke me gaze and looked to her.

"Realized...what?" I asked, pretending to not have listened. I knew if I admitted to her she would want to talk about it all the time and how I'm feeling and right now I just want to sleep.

"Oh, never mind. You boys are so clueless," she said, turning back towards the kitchen to clean.

"You need any help with that?" I asked, not really wanting to.

"I'm all good in here, but if you're offering to clean something you should start with your room," she said, pointing down the hall. I groaned.

"Fine," I said, walking towards my room, then closing the door.

Y/N probably doesn't like me back. I mean why would she? I thought when girls like you, they flirt with you and ask you out and stuff. You know, real easy to tell stuff. And Y/N hasn't done any of that, I think. But what if she's trying to play it cool so I don't know, but now that I know she knows then I...know? Girls are too complicated.

I threw my backpack onto the floor and hopped on my bed, gazing towards the ceiling. I tried to micro-analyze all of our interactions. It was hard since we haven't had the most normal of relationships. I needed help.

...

"Dude, you came to the right man," Ned spoke on Facecall.

"Let me explain it to you. Love...is a beautiful thing—"

"I don't LOVE her, Ned."

"Love is a complicated feeling Peter. We often are not aware of love until it...hits us," he said in an angelic way. I tried not to cringe outwardly. I'm not even sure if Ned has ever been in love before.

"As I was saying, love is a beautiful thing. It feels warm, and welcoming like when you eat a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie...*long sigh*"

"...N-Ned?"

"That's it."

"How can that be it?" I laughed.

"Because you can't really describe love, you just feel it man."

"I'm not in love with Y/N. We barely know each other."

"So? Dude; love at first sight. You guys are totally meant for each other!" Ned said excitedly.

"You've barely met her!"

"Stop being in denial Peter. That's the first stage of love, followed by anger, depression, and then eventually, acceptance."

"That's the stages of grief."

"Still applies."

"Okay. I got to go."

"Peter?"

"Yeah?"

"Just...tell me what love is like when you realize it."

"O-okay. Sure. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and sighed. I didn't feel much better. Why do people think they know my feelings better than me?

Mr. Stark said to lay low for a while, which is killing me. I guess I could do my homework.

I'm so past school right now though. I fought with the Avengers, AGAINST the Avengers. I'm basically official now. I've always wanted to go to MIT with Ned after high school, but why would I now when I have Spiderman? College is stressful, and I don't wanna be stuck working a 9-5 job my whole life. I want to be Spiderman for the rest of my life. Being Peter Parker just...doesn't feel like it's enough for me anymore.

And I mean, I given this power. To throw it away by being another nobody on the street? If I don't use my power to help others I might as well be against them.

Y/N POV:

"So Tony, I was thinking," I started.

"Were you?" he said, turning to me.

"Yeah and um, I want to say how grateful I am for everything that you have done for me," I started again.

"Yes well Steve didn't give me much of a choice after just recruiting you," he said, before realizing how cold that sounded. He turned around and spoke directly to me.

"But you're welcome," he said with a smile. I returned the smile, and he turned back to face the road. (He's not driving tho)

"Yeah. So, I haven't been at school in a few days now. Not that I'm complaining but, maybe we could look for something closer to where I'm going to be living..." I trail off.

"You wanna go to Midtown with Peter right?" he asks bluntly. So much for being subtle.

"Um, I mean anywhere is fine but having Peter at school with me would be nice I guess," I say. He nods.

"Alright, we'll see how it goes. But you are still grounded so it's home, school, then right back home for a week, got it?"

"Mhm," I nodded.

"We will need to find a way to get your powers under control. I don't want you using them for small shit you can solve on your own. God forbid someone makes you upset..."

"-I've been using my powers for a while now and I never had a problem with them," I said confidently, before immediately remembering the incident.

"Oh, so how did Cap find you then?"

I went quiet.

"After what happened today you are a new target, just like the rest of us. But we will cross those bridges when we get to them. Until then, just lay low, okay?"

"Okay," I breathed.

I couldn't wait. I mean seriously, just a week or so ago I was living my normal life with my "parents" and school and everything.

I've never found myself to hate changes. When Cap asked me to come with him, I felt it was the start of something big. Something I would never regret. Maybe I was being blindly optimistic, but I don't care.

I was going to make the most of this.

An:
Hi guys first chapter is here!!
I'm gonna post a new chapter every week so be on the lookout :O
I have so many amazing ideas for where this story is gonna go and I'm really excited to show you guys.

I literally love all of you <3