Chapter 10: Disguises and Suprises

Peter's POV:

"Peter? PETER!" Y/N said as I snapped my attention back to her.

"Yeah?"

"Got somewhere to be?" she asked. I tilted my head in confusion.

"You keep looking back at the clock," she remarked.

"I'm just ready for school to be over. If Mr. Stark needs us for anything we should be ready and not stuck at school," I whispered frantically.

"We only have 10 minutes left," she said, her knee resting against mine under the table.

It was our last free period, and we were working on a project together while listening to music through my earbuds. As perfect as it was, I was still anxious to leave and swing around the city.

"Let's leave early," I decided, packing up my stuff quickly as she gave me the other half of my earbuds back.

"Won't the teacher see?" she worried, her eyebrows forming a peak. A smiled.

"He won't care," I reassured her, pulling her chair out for her. She stood up and we single file walked out of the classroom and down the hallway holding hands.

"I still feel like we can get in trouble," she said, when suddenly we heard heels clicking against the floor coming around the corner. Y/N pulled me into an empty classroom and closed the door. I laughed but let her.

"Y/N what are you doing?!" I whisper laughed at her. She starting laughing too, her face turning a cute shade of pink.

"I don't know! I don't want to get expelled my first day back!" she explained as we were both a mess of laughter.

She put her head towards the door to listen for the footsteps to pass. As she did, I walked closer to her quietly.

"They're gone," she breathed, turning so her back was against the door.

We both slowly realized that we were alone in a classroom together, and what that entails. We both smirked at our closeness.

"W-we should go," Y/N stuttered.

"Do I make you nervous?" I asked.

"When you're this close to me," she replied, stealing a quick glance at my lips before looking back into my eyes. She acted like I didn't notice.

I did.

I leaned in closer, painfully slow just to see the effect it had on her. I moved my hands from her arms to her wrists, pinning her against the door. She closed her eyes as my lips drew closer and closer...

I reached for the handle to the door and opened it, pulling her out of the way as it swung open and I walked through it without looking back. I tried biting back my gleeful expression but it was too much. I eventually turned back around to see her sprinting after me, an angry yet flushed look on her face.

"Oh my GOD, PARKER!" she yelled after me. She pushed my shoulder when she caught up to me and I held her hand, laughing hysterically.

"Oh did you think we were gonna...?" I asked. She shoved me again.

"I hate you," she said with a smile on her face.

...

We walked outside towards the car Y/N was getting picked up in, dropping our hands once we were in view of the driver: Happy.

"Do you think Happy knows?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I don't think so. If he knows, Tony knows and Tony DEFINITELY doesn't know," she said.

We got to the car and I opened the door for her as she got in. Happy turned around to face us.

"You too. Get in," he said quickly, and Y/N met my look. We both shrugged as I sat down next to her and we sped off.

"Happy what's this about—"

"Put those on," Happy cut me off, motioning towards the brimmed hats and big sunglasses in the pockets of the seats. We took them and hesitantly put them on. We both looked so ridiculous, especially Y/N. She still looked beautiful though, of course. I took out my phone and took a picture of her while she posed with 2 fingers up by her face. We both looked at the photos, laughing.

"Delete those," Happy demanded.

"Happy, come on. What's this about?" I asked.

"This is serious! If anyone sees those photos they will know your disguises!" he said firmly.

"They're just for me, I swear I won't post them anywhere," I said. Happy fell silent, which I took as approval.

"So...is there a mission?" I asked, trying to hide my excitement.

"The only 'mission' right now is to get you guys home without anyone seeing!" Happy said.

After a while of silence he sighed a spoke again.

"Stark needed to see you both. I don't know why, ask him when you get there," he said simply, as if it was the last thing he would say the rest of the way home.

And it was.

...

We made our way to the floor of the tower together, Happy escorting us by standing closely behind us every step we took. Even in the elevator. He pressed the button before the top floor. We didn't ask questions.

We stepped off on a floor before the top and didn't know where we were. Happy stepped in front of us to lead down a few hallways until we reached a room at the end with 2 doors. He pushed them open and revealed a large open room with 2 walls replaced with windows, workout equipment, some chairs and a big boxing ring in the center as the focal point.

In one of the chairs was Mr. Stark, dressed differently than usual. He was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants, with sweat pressing hair to his forehead.

"Good, you're finally here," he said, standing up to face us.

He looked from us, to Happy, to us again.

"You guys can take off your disguises now," he said, and we both instantly took off our hats and sunglasses.

"Happy, get changed please. We are going to be training these two today," he said.

"WHAT?" the three of us exclaimed.