Fangs Part 1

[Middle line]

(For those who have not followed me on IG, or know about them. This is a story of how Juliet got her fangs, or at least where it started. In a more longer and readable story)

[Aires' POV]

"Juliet!"

You call on her name but it's no use. She can't hear you while she wrestles that shadow foe. Growling aggressively. You try to move but barely any part of your body has the strength to do so. You're still worn out, tired.

The foe swings his fist hard on her hips, making her roll farther away from him.

"JULIET!" You roll your body over. The foe gets up, he seems unharmed, but you can't tell from his pitch black body. He looks at you and smiles widely before running away and giggling maniacally. You watch him run as you lay down on the ground, useless, full of despise and anger towards him. Then you look back at Juliet, lying farther away from you, only seeing her back. You reach out your hands to her but she's still far from your reach.

(Earlier)

Both of you arrive at a medium-sized town in the countryside. You were tasked to solve a report about several hauntings happening in the town. Making people lose their mind, question their existence and even make them lose motivation to go to work. Both of you think it's odd. That some ghost or creature would affect people mentally like that.

You two talk to some people, gather information, rumors about it. Then a woman tells about a recent victim of the hauntings. She'd heard that an old man hasn't gone out of his house ever since. "He's always a hard working man", the lady said. She tells you of his address and both of you went there.

The two of you arrive at his home, a few walks outside the town. You knock...he took awhile to answer it, opening the door slightly to see who's there. Juliet explains your reasons and kindly asks for information of what happened and what he knows. The man seems hesitant to accept but he lets you both in anyway.

He lets you two sit on his long wooden chair in his living room. Juliet asked him to tell what happened but he seems scared, hesitating to say something as it might be listening to them and it might haunt him again, but you insist "that won't happen" and "even if it does, we'll be here to protect you".

He seems to feel more secure now. His words still shake but tell you about his experience bit by bit.

He explains that the haunting happened not too long ago, maybe a few weeks ago. Every night he would see his things being thrown, moving from one spot to the other, seeing damages to his furniture. It seems like someone keeps busting in his house but every time, there's no sign that someone entered through the doors or windows. He looked through everywhere to see if there's any hiding spot in his home but every corner, little space, nothing. But the most dreadful thing of all, he can hear whispers and giggles. The voice kept questioning his worth and even his issues about his family. He's for certain that it can't be his deceased relatives, it doesn't feel like they would say something that would ache him. And this doesn't happen only when he's home but when he's outside doing chores as well. He even shouted in the middle of many people and they looked back at him like he's a mad man.

The man sobs as he says that he couldn't handle it anymore. He hunched and covered his eyes. Juliet comforts him by rubbing his back. This doesn't seem normal at all, even Juliet thinks it's strange, too different to be a typical ghost. You asked if it happened today and the man replied, "not yet". Looks like it still lurks in his home.

You came to the decision that the two of you will stay here for the night. That scares Juliet as she's scared of ghosts.

"While it hasn't left yet this is our chance to catch that ghost Jyuls." You said.