⚡ epilogue: prom ⚡

"Well, Johnny? How ya feelin'?"

Johnny leaned against the car door and shook his head. "Fine. You think they're gonna let us in?"

[Y/N] scoffed and linked her arm through Johnny's. "Why not? Nobody's paying attention to what you're wearing."

He sighed, and the two began walking. "Isn't this a... formal thing?"

She rolled her eyes. "Well, you could've chosen to dress formally earlier, but you didn't. And that's fine- No one's gonna notice." A playful grin revealed the lighthearted nature of her teasing, and he smiled in return. "'Kay."

They were at prom. It'd really been a year since they'd met. At sixteen, they'd both been juniors last year, and now, as the graduating class, they were back for the senior prom. [Y/N] couldn't speak for both of them- though she was sure Johnny felt the same- but this meant a lot for her. She was actually excited, for one, where she'd felt dread with Billy.

Billy'd left her alone, for the most part, since they'd broken up, and she'd had time to think about him since. She realized now how unhealthy staying with him would've been for her, but she couldn't deny that she'd loved him... at least enough to stay with him. She wasn't the type to date just anyone, after all, but she'd felt maybe a little bit of pressure to date some fellow Soc. They'd had something.

But she and Johnny had... everything.

So yeah, she was thrilled to be his date to prom, which was simply more than she'd been able to say before.

Johnny was nervous to be seen with a Soc- that much she could tell. As they got closer, and surrounded by more and more people, she felt him trying to slouch, to shrink into himself. She found his hand and squeezed it.

As for Johnny, he figured [Y/N] was nervous too, but really he was more so. He focused on [Y/N]. Gee..he'd always thought she was pretty, but he'd rarely seen her dressed up, and surely not to this extent. Seeing her for the first time that night had (admittedly, taken his breath away...and) heightened his insecurity. He hadn't bothered to dress up- no one expected him to, but now that he was going to be seen alongside [Y/N]-

"Johnny, stop it. Look up."

He'd been glancing around, trying not to be noticed; he followed her instruction, and he looked into her eyes.

"It's going to be fine. Just... don't focus on everyone else. Just talk to me. Look at me."

He breathed a laugh. "'Kay, that won't be a problem."

"Johnny-!"

They were inside by now. As [Y/N] had predicted, no one really spared them more than a glance- and no one dared to say anything. They probably think I'm crazy, [Y/N] thought; then, Well, see if I care.

The two lingered by the door for a moment before Johnny broke the silence. "You... want some punch?"

[Y/N] didn't answer, exactly- At least, she didn't answer the question he'd asked. "Hey, you were drinking punch when I saw you here last year."

"Uh, yup." Johnny's arm was around her shoulders.

"Before, um, you ran."

"Before you chased me?"

[Y/N] playfully shrugged him away. "No, I just ran after you. Because you were running."

"Sounds like chasing to me."

She rolled her eyes and settled her head back on his shoulder. "Why... did you run, anyway?"

Johnny sighed, absentmindedly fingering a lock of her curled hair. "I was scared. You know that."

[Y/N] shifted her head to look at him. "Well, you don't have to be. You know that."

He smiled; a beat of silence followed, then a very familiar tune from the band started up. [Y/N] looked at Johnny. "C'mon. Dance with me?"

As she took him by the hand, his anxiety finally melted away. Nobody was paying attention to them; they were all dancing, dancing to Johnny and [Y/N]'s song. It wasn't a slow dance, but a slow dance followed, and then the rest of the songs, and before they knew it, the end of the dance followed all that. And as they left, they held each other close, and each felt relieved at how well the night had gone. And lucky to have each other.

They made it to the car, and just before they got in, [Y/N] leaned up and kissed Johnny. It wasn't their first kiss, but it still made Johnny feel the way he did the first time, and every single time she kissed him: Lucky. Lucky to have [Y/N], someone who actually truly loved him. He held her, and he couldn't help but smiling into her. They'd had a perfect night. And he knew they'd have more.

**

HEY I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS<<3 ik its the cheesiest ending I could come up with but...I'm sorry,,,I got kinda lazy with this. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO READ THIS!!🥺🥺 maybe it was kinda cliche, but it's JOHNNY so we got a CUTE ENDINGG.

so yea, the story is over, but this is not the end of my writing;) There is a two bit x reader on my profile— as of now it's unfinished, but I'm getting there!!! Check it out if you want more 🤭🤭

What'd you guys think of billy?? Like he was obviously in the wrong in some of the ways he treated y/n. I am not defending him, but do you guys think he was right in some of the things he got angry abt?? Im trying to get a sense on what you guys thought of him as the "villain" character🙏 >>>>