A kiss, Akiss, A kiss

Billy had promised that he would help you with your summer project. You were doing it for extra credits to boost your grades before graduation. At the time Billy had promised to help but now he was proving impossible to find. He had convinced the people at the pool to keep giving you the wrong shifts for when he worked. He seemed to never be at home and he hadn't been by to hang out with you since the summer started.

Max had called you that morning to say that Nancy had called to let her know that she'd seen Billy heading into the pool while she was driving to the mall. Max had called you at once. She seemed to be invested in helping you track Billy down, though you were sure that it was because it would bother Billy. Now you found yourself heading to the pool. You hurried past the front desk before the could slow you down. Rushing through to the pool you spotted Billy on his chair. Billy saw you, but didn't move, just sat and watched. You'd worn your swim suit under your shorts, having thrown on one of Billy's shirts over the top. Dumping your belongings one a seat near the pool you stripped to your costume. You swam for a little while, knowing that Billy was watching you. Swimming to the side you pulled yourself up and sat there for a while. Billy made his way over, crouching down next to you.

"I thought you were busy all summer." Billy muttered, he was eyeing you up and down.

"I thought I'd take a break." You said huffly. Billy smiled, he found it fun when you were in a mood.

"Well if you'd let me know you needed a break I would have turned up." He said casually. He went to get up but you grabbed at the whistle around his neck.

"So you admit it! You were avoiding me!" You said irritably.

"I'm sorry little miss goody two shoes. I didn't care about my grades. I passed. Who cares." Billy grumbled as he untangled the whistle from your grip. "If you still want my help I guess I can come by after work. Do you have beer at your house?"

"I don't think so. My parents don't drink it." You muttered as you glared at him.

"I can pick some up. I still think you should make it worth my while, helping you out I mean." He said as you stood up, he let you use his arm to pull yourself up.

"You can't just help me because you like me?" You asked as you followed him back to the lifeguard chair.

"You get free rides around town because I like you. This is going to be extra." He insisted playefully. You frowned at him but gestured for him to go on. "I think you should kiss me."

"You're using this as an excuse to et a kiss?" You asked suspiciously.

"Well I've got everything else I want." He grinned when he saw you considering it. "Kiss me. Now. In front of all these people."

You frowned at him for a moment before sighing and nodding. He hadn't said what kind of kiss. He let you get close, putting your hand on his shoulder near his collar bone to steady yourself as you leaned up and placed a sweet kiss on his cheek. You pulled away slowly, holding Billy's gaze as you pulled away. He looked a little red, more so than teh sunburn from sitting out in the sun for hours on end. He blushed and cleared his throat, starting to fidget on the spot.

"You didn't specify what kind of kiss." You said with a smile as you watched Billy try and hide a shy smile.

"Alright I'll help you." He said as someone came out and gestured for him to get back into the chair. He smiled as he walked off, glancing back at you. Deciding to head back into the pool to cool off you realised Billy was paying a little more attention to you than usual. Maybe the kiss wasn't as innocent as the two of you thought.