Second-hand smoke

Billy Hargrove x Fem!Reader

Requested by Anon

Halloween event

                                                                                                                                                                                                        Billy had vanished from the party. You'd gone to the bathroom and come back to find that he wasn't in his seat. He'd said he wouldn't leave without you so you slowly made your way through the party looking for him.

Finding that you couldn't spot him inside you went outside. There were a few kegs that you thought maybe he'd drink from. The flat wasn't too far away so you could walk back together if either of you drank too much. Seeing that the kegs had already been abandoned you followed the sound of shouting and talking. Round the corner of the drive, you found a group around Tommy Haegen's new car. Billy was among them laughing as he took a drag from his cigarette. As he held it between his lips you made your way over and flicked it out into the damp grass nearby.

"What the fuck." Billy said as he let out the smoke he'd inhaled. Looking angry until he saw it was you and flashed you a grin he immediately quieted down.

"I thought we agreed to no more smoking?" You said. Billy pulled a face, his hands finding their way to your waist as he pulled you in and leaned in to mutter in your ear.

"You agreed we wouldn't smoke anymore. I cleverly didn't say anything." He chuckled a little when you tutted and frowned at him.

"Hasn't anyone told you, second-hand smoke kills." You said and pulled away from him. He held onto you letting you slide through his grip as you backed off.

"Which is why I came outside." Billy said and smiled when you rolled your eyes. Before you could say anything else Billy pulled a red and white box of cigarettes from his pocket and lit another one. "You looked cold are you cold."

"No! I'm mad." You answered. Billy pulled his jacket off and threw it over your shoulders.

"You are cold! I can see you shivering." He insisted. Taking advantage of how close he was you flicked at the cigarette but instead of shooting off to the side like you meant it to, it dropped down and landed on his chest.

"Billy!" you yelped and tried to get it off his chest only to move it around. Billy jumped back and shook it off. There was an angry red mark where it had landed. "I'm so sorry!"

"You maimed me. I'll probably have a scar." Billy said dramatically. If you hadn't been so panicked you would have noticed that he was milking it for all he was worth. He put his hands over the mark and started to wail and moan quietly. Taking his arm you dragged him inside and went to the kitchen. There was a tea towel on the cooker handle which you snatched up then you went to the cooler in the living room, tipped some of the beers out, grabbed the ice at the bottom of the cooler and wrapped it in the towel. Hurrying back you found Billy looking at the mark. He smiled when you smacked his hands out of the way and pressed the makeshift compress over the mark.

"It'll be ok." He said quietly. You glanced from the compress to his face and he gave you a smile. "It wasn't too bad."

"You made such a big fuss like you'd need the hospital!" You said quietly and frowned at him. He smiled and shrugged.

"Yeah. Maybe I like you making a fuss over me." He smiled until you took his hands and made him hold the compress on himself. "Aw come on."

"No. No. I'm going to enjoy this stupid Halloween party. You can look after yourself." You said as you backed out of the kitchen. Billy complained but relented and emerged a few minutes later. He found you sitting and talking to some friends and leaned down over the back of the chair to lean his chin on your shoulder.

"You ok?" you asked. He nodded and leaned back. The mark was small and had already faded.

"Shouldn't be too bad it was only on me for a few seconds." Billy muttered. You pulled a face.

"I still feel bad." you insisted.

"Good, you can make it up to me later." Billy said with a grin as he leaned down and planted a kiss on your cheek.