Ella and Robbie's Wedding

by Unknown Author is licensed under

Ella andRobbie's Wedding

Ella's wedding day approached faster than she expected it to, even though she knew she had really waited a while for it. At twenty-four years old, Ella was an adult, but she had never felt more adult until she realised that her wedding day was less than one week away.

She couldn't believe it.

Ella lay in bed that morning alone.

Yes, a week before her wedding, she was alone.

And that was because of her fiancée loving his job and being completely and utterly devoted to it.

That, and he was actually doing good in the world.

Robbie was deployed in the army, and he had been away for four months serving. He said he'd be back before his wedding, and he would make sure he would do anything to get back in time, but sometimes Ella had her doubts. The army wasn't exactly a predictable job, and anything could happen. But Ella just really wanted him to be back in time and in one piece.

Ella had never really been the biggest fan of Robbie being in the army ever since they got together. She respected his choice, and she was glad that he loved what he did, but it was dangerous work, and she always feared for Robbie when he was away. And being alone wasn't that fun, either so Ella just always hoped he would be alright.

Ella had kept herself occupied by her own job, Millie and Luke (her four year old twins) and also last-minute wedding plans. Ella decided now was as good a time as any to get out of bed.

So, she did.

She dragged herself out of bed and then walked out of the bedroom and to the kitchen to have some breakfast. Ella and Robbie didn't live in the biggest house ever, but it was nice. Far on the left of the house was the main bedroom and next to that was a smaller second bedroom, which Millie and Luke shared. Finally, along the hallway was the bathroom, and weirdly right across from it was the front door. Then to the right of the front door was the small lounge room/dining room, and next to that was the kitchen and laundry. The backyard was small, so that was why Ella didn't have the children to worry about that morning because they wanted to have a sleepover at their grandfather's house. Adam, Ella's dad, said he'd love to spend some time with them, so Ella dropped the pair of them off the night before. So Ella only had herself and the dogs to worry about, so she went to the back door to let the dogs in. She and Robbie had two dogs, a bernese mountain dog named Billy, and a German shepherd named Jessie. Ella and Robbie rented their house, so they didn't let the dogs inside overnight, but they could be during the day when they could be supervised.

Ella greeted the dogs when she let them both in, and they were very excited to see her. When she was done with that, she got herself some breakfast and made her way to the table to eat it. Sometimes Ella wondered how she managed to cope living in a house on her own for months at a time, but she kept herself occupied. She was studying her veterinary degree at university, and she also had her job at the local ranch, so that kept her pretty busy. She also rode her beloved bay gelding, Blaze, as often as she could, which was good. And she hung out at Ally's house a lot, too, so that might have been on the agenda for the day, too.

When Ella finished her breakfast, she got herself ready for the day, and when that was done, she decided she randomly pop over to Ally's house to see what she was up to. It was a Saturday so surely, she would have been free, and then she and Ella could have had some fun. Maybe she could have helped out last minute wedding plans, too.

...

When Ella was finished getting ready, she said goodbye to the dogs and then she left, heading to her car so she could drive to Ally's house. She didn't take long to get there, and besides, she knew the way like the back of her hand. It was a regular hangout spot for her, so that wasn't surprising.