How to say goodbye

Chapter 25

How to say Goodbye

The day of Holly's funeral had arrived, and Robbie wasn't so sure if he would be able to say goodbye anymore. He knew that the day was coming, and he knew that he would have to say goodbye, but he just missed Holly so much, and he just wanted to turn back time and go back to how they used to be.

He missed Holly so much.

Everything was planned, which was good. Robbie had done most of the planning with Holly which was hard, but at least he didn't have to do it by himself. He knew that he wouldn't have been able to handle it as well as if he could with Holly, so he was glad he had been able to do it with her.

Robbie was currently at home which was a weird feeling. Usually, when he got up in the morning, he would have gotten himself ready for the day, talked to Holly, gone to school, collect Holly's homework, go to Holly's house after school, and then spend the rest of the day with his girlfriend.

But now he wasn't able to do that.

Ever.

Never again.

And wearing a suit to go to his girlfriend's funeral was hard enough.

He hated it how he had to get dressed up for something as sad as a funeral, but it was something that had to be done. He would go to the funeral, and he would go to it for Holly because he needed to.

Robbie then went over to Alina who was in the little bed that had been brought over from Holly's grandmother's house. It was weird seeing it in his room because Alina should have been with Holly, not with him, and Robbie found it hard to deal with.

"Where's mama?" asked Alina.

It was always hard when Alina asked that question, and Robbie always had to explain to her that she was gone.

"She's gone, Lina. We talked to you about this," replied Robbie, fighting back the tears each time he answered the question.

"Want, mama."

"I know. I want her as well."

Robbie hated it.

He wanted Holly back as much as Alina did, but he was the one who knew that Holy wouldn't come back.

It was sad to think that Holly would never come back from her little, 'trip,' and Robbie actually missed her so much.

It was hard to accept the fact that Holly was gone, and Alina really missed her mother. She would never be able to have fun with her mother, and Holly would never be able to see Alina grow up into a beautiful girl. It was sad to think that Alina would never be able to have a mother again, and Robbie wished that he would have been able to give it to her.

"Come on, Alina," said Robbie as he picked her up, "it is time to get dressed."

Now Robbie would have to be like a full-time stepfather to Alina. Alina never saw him as her biological dad because she knew that her real dad was out there somewhere. Holly made sure that Alina knew that she had a father out there and Alina would see him soon.

But it was time to get Alina dressed. Robbie got her dressed in one of Holly's favourite outfits on her. Robbie was never into fashion, but Holly had taught him a thing or two about clothes, so he knew what she would have wanted Alina to wear.

And Robbie was glad that Alina didn't put up much of a fight as he got her dressed. He wasn't really in the mood to chase a naked little Alina around the house because he missed Holly too much. Alina would run around the house naked when Holly tried to bath her, and she usually got tired, so then Robbie would have to do the rest of the chasing.