Mishaps in meeting the family

Chapter 17

Mishaps in Meeting the Family

Dating Jade was all that Cody had ever wanted since he realised that she was the one who he was meant to be with. But he never thought that it meant trying to win over an overprotective father who didn't like the bad boy that was still in Cody to this day. Maybe he had calmed down a bit, but he was still a bad boy at heart, and when he wanted to be a bad boy, he was a bad boy.

So, Cody was extremely surprised when Jade told him that he would be going over to her house for dinner on Friday night to meet the parents. Cody thought that his relationship with Jade must have been serious because the meeting the parents' stage had arrived, and Cody would be doing it on Friday night. So, Cody was very nervous, even though he didn't like to admit it.

But Cody was willing to do it for Jade.

Cody had never loved someone as much as he did Jade, and if meeting her parents would make her happy, Cody would do that. He would do it for her, and he would work out a way to get rid of the stupid nervous feeling. If he was serious about Jade, he knew that he would have to do it.

Cody was glad that it was time for lunch now. He walked down to the year eleven area to go and meet Jade. Because she was so smart, Cody kept saying, she was one of those special few who got to do a year eleven subject when she was in year ten. So, Jade studied year eleven texts and traditions, and Cody couldn't have been prouder of her. Even though he thought that texts and traditions was the most boring and pointless subject ever, he was proud that Jade did a year eleven subject when she was in year ten. And Cody would always go over and pick her up, like the good little boyfriend that he was.

Cody made it to Jade's classroom, and he waited outside for her. The class always ran right until the bell, so Cody got used to waiting. When Jade walked out of the classroom eventually, Cody smiled at her, and he gave her a kiss. Jade protested as she normally did, but Cody wanted to kiss her anyway because he loved her. She had a thing with public displays of affection at school, and Cody had told himself that he would have to work on her and help her to not feel as uncomfortable as she did anymore. It was a normal thing to do, he always told her, and people always kissed their partners in public.

"Do you have to, Cody?" Jade whined.

"You love it, babe," said Cody as he and Jade made their way to the year ten portables where Jade's homeroom was. Cody always loved going over there as a year twelve because he was superior. He was the leader of the school, and he loved the feeling of authority that it gave him.

"Sometimes it is embarrassing when you slobber all over me," said Jade.

"It's not slobbering," replied Cody, "it is kissing."

"Yeah, okay, but it is still embarrassing."

"I still can't believe I have to meet your parents tonight," said Cody as he leant on the lockers in the year ten homeroom.

"You want to date Jade Adams. That means you have to meet her parents," replied Jade.

"I guess so."

"Don't worry about it, even though my dad says you have certain expectations when it comes to dating me. But I know he will love you."

"What expectations?"

"You know..."

"Know what?"

"Sex. He thinks you only want to date me to have sex with me."

"Why?" asked Cody.

"You are a player," replied Jade.

"I'm not a player."