Honeymoon of a Lifetime

by Unknown Author is licensed under

Honeymoonof a Lifetime

Best friends did everything together, and Ella and Ally wanted to make sure they lived up to that. Ally wasn't sure if other people did it, but she and Ella would be going on their honeymoons at the same time. They would also be going to the exact same place.

Over six months ago when Ella got married, she announced that she and Robbie would spend their honeymoon in America at a ranch owned by their best friend, Adoette Abrams. Then, a couple of months after that, Joe proposed to Ally, and they got married too.

Ally came up with the crazy idea of them going on their honeymoon together, and as soon as Ella heard it, she was all for it.

So, it was official.

The best friends would be honeymooning together.

Ella and Ally also learnt that tickets to fly from Australia to America were not cheap, so they spend their time saving for them and they had had enough saved for a little while now. They both picked a date that worked for them and for two weeks, they would be honeymooning in America in the heat of their summer. The girls were both so excited.

It would be Ally's first time going to America and she had to admit that she was nervous. She was even nervous to get up early, but she dragged herself out of bed anyway. At least she had done most of her packing, so she didn't have much else to worry about which was good. All she had to do was get herself ready, pack the last-minute essentials and then go. That would have been easy enough.

In a way, Ally was glad that she and Joe weren't like Ella and Joe. They didn't have children they needed to get ready, and they only had to worry about themselves. Ella and Robbie needed to work out who would be babysitting their children for two weeks, and Ally was glad that that was something she didn't have to stress about.

But it did get Ally thinking.

Would she and Joe have children?

At twenty-five years old, Ally and Joe didn't have children, and it didn't look like they were on the cards any time soon. Ally and Joe had never really talked about their plans to have children, but Ally briefly remembered talking a tiny bit about it when she was a teenager and only newly dating Joe.

The only time talk about children came up when Ally was in her twenties was when she was twenty-one years old and made the decision to go off of her contraceptive pill because she said it made her anxiety worse. Joe asked Ally if part of the reason why she wanted to go off the pill was to start trying for children, and she said no, and at the time, she meant it. But now she wondered what it would have been like if she said yes.

Oh well.

Ally and Joe now only used one single form of contraception, and that was good, but it wasn't always effective, so Ally would just have to wait and see.

So, now Ally needed to focus on getting herself ready for her honeymoon.

Her honeymoon.

It was still hard to believe that she was married, much less she would be leaving for her honeymoon in less than an hour.

Ally couldn't believe it.

She finished getting herself ready in her bedroom and when she was done, she found Joe outside having a cigarette and an energy drink. It was still dark as she went outside to join him, and she still couldn't believe it.

She was married.

And she was going on a honeymoon.

It would take a long time to get used to.